My New Years toast of the night.....

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/31/14 12:23 pm

Bet you thought wine.... Nope protein shake in a wine glass.   Not the same but keeps it interesting.  I had to get my last protein in before midnight so I thought lets sip the protein shake and take the last sip as a toast at midnight..... The little things that keep you going when it sucks to still be in the beginning stages of surgery. lol  Hopefully I will adjust to all the changes soon. I feel like I cant keep up with it all..... Have to time liquid and everything.  Definitely didn't realize how much work it was going to be.  and learning how to eat slow and chew is a task within itself.  However next New Years I will be enjoying wearing something cute from a non plus size store so I will adapt and deal with it all for now.

Elegantchic82
on 12/31/14 12:34 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Yes lots of work for sure, but I.just had surgery on mon and home today, im like you waiting patiently for next year to definitely show off some new skin!! 

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/31/14 12:46 pm

Hang in there. We can accompli**** together. It is very hard at first but it will be worth it. Can't wait to see both our journals :-) 

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/31/14 12:47 pm

Meant journeys lol

selhard
on 12/31/14 3:12 pm, edited 12/31/14 3:37 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Today, in a checkout lane, I considered buying a bag of Cheetos as a new year treat--why would such a thought still cross my mind!  BUYING CHEAP FOOD IS TOO EXPENSIVE A PRICE TO PAY.  Repeat a thousand times.  BUYING CHEAP FOOD IS TOO EXPENSIVE A PRICE TO PAY.  Here's hoping 2015 brings less temptations and more successes for everyone.

Browneyedgirl33
on 1/1/15 12:24 am

Thanks :)  Yeah Girls wanted to do Cupcake wars last night. So I made cupcakes with them all night and Just drank my protein shake.  But I will have to say sometimes it is very hard with the kids seeing all they eat.  Sometimes I have to come to the living room just to get away from them eating.  I hope I can get the mind part worked out soon.  It definitely is a brain game that is even harder then the planning.

lynnc99
on 12/31/14 7:26 pm

Let's shorten up that last sentence.

Something like this: I will adapt. 

Period.

You'll be looking sharp next year for New Years...but we want you to keep it rolling for 2020 and well beyond! 

Browneyedgirl33
on 1/1/15 12:26 am

Thanks that is my prayer for sure.  I definitely don't want to work this hard and have to ever gain it back for sure.  Cant wait to get into the maintain stage for sure. :)

lynnc99
on 1/1/15 2:41 am

Losing is the battle....maintenance us the war!

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/14 11:12 pm

Congratulations on your progress so far and for realizing the planning that goes into living this lifestyle permanently so that we can stay healthy.  I am 5 years out from my RNY and I still have to carefully plan meals, snacks, shakes so that I fit it what needs to go in and I also try to plan for the opportunity to cheat.  That's the hardest part about not having just had surgery, but if you plan for it and prepare a special snack, then you can survive (most of the time). 

Good luck this year and I hope that by this time next year you'll be showing us pictures of how great you look and feel!

Most Active
Recent Topics