Ferritin, labs questions

browneyes65
on 12/26/14 5:06 am - IN

I got my labs back and trying to understand the ferritin, mine say's 33 in range but reference ranges are 14-150. Does everyone get the same reference because how does someone get 500, I read on here? I would like to have mine higher but not sure what I'm doing wrong because I take my Multivitamin with Iron and take the Iron at night to so what do I need to do I'm confused. My Prealbumin was low 18.7 range 20.0-40.0 how to I make this higher , my Vitamin D25 was 51 range 30-50 taking 1 50,000 tab a week HCT 34.7 low, range 35.0-47.0 Monocyte ABS 0.26 low, range 0.27--0.98. B12 is 2000 high range 243-894, I take 500mcg of B12 a day and RBC Folate is 1200 High range 280-791.  Let me know what you think and let me know if there is something I can do  to either higher or lower numbers . Thanks

poet_kelly
on 12/26/14 7:38 am - OH

To increase your ferritin, you would take more iron.  What was your total iron (might be called serum iron or serum FE)?  A low CGT also suggests you might need more iron.

To increase your pre-albumin, you would increase your protein.  What were your albumin and total protein levels?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 12/27/14 2:25 am - IN

They did none of these tests, I will ask when I do next month to see surgeon it will be a year since surgery I hope they will do these tests. Sometimes they don't think these tests are necessary and tell me don't believe everything I read. I don't think they should have a problem with it if it makes me feel better to know the numbers.

poet_kelly
on 12/27/14 2:50 am - OH

They didn't do albumin and total protein?  Those are part of a CMP and they almost always do that one.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 12/27/14 10:04 am - IN

Albumin is  4.0 range is 3.5-5.2 Total Protein is 6.3 range 6.2-8.1

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views