1st day back to work tomorrow after surgery......

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/14/14 9:32 am

So tomorrow starts my 5th week.  I hope that it wont be too hard to start back to work.  I just worry because I tend to get tired a lot and nap frequently after surgery.  I have decided I will do protein shake before I leave in the morning to stay ahead of the game.  How was your work experience after going back from surgery?  I hope I will start to get energy where I can walk more.  I know going back to work I will be tired when I get home. 

NYMom222
on 12/14/14 9:56 am
RNY on 07/23/14

yes, I am sure you will be tired. make sure you plan your food and water you are bringing to work. Take it easy when you get home.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/14/14 10:02 am

Thanks so much for your encouragement :)

Mybratboys3
on 12/14/14 10:03 am

wow 5 weeks? You must work for a company with great benefits. We don't even get sick pay LOL  So since I can't afford to not get paid I'm going back to work on the 25th a week after my surgery. I just want to wish you well, and hope you have a good day tomorrow and don't get too tired. Hang in there.

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/14/14 10:29 am

Wow really a week.... Does your work not offer short term disability?  That is what I did to be able to take off 4 weeks with pay.  Although it depends on how much you pay extra as to how much you will get of your pay.  Normally the first 5 days is vacation time or not get paid time and then after that depending on your company you get 70% of your pay.  I pay a little extra so that I get 90% of my pay.  So I was actually blessed to have that this year.  It helped a lot.  I know a lot of people may not have that though but some don't know that that is an option either.  I would look into it if I were you.  Thanks for your kind words!!  I appreciate it.  I have been reading your posts even though I haven't responded.  Good luck on your surgery as well!!  It will all be ok!!  I can help encourage you through the first couple of weeks lol  And thanks for your encouragement to me as well :)

Mybratboys3
on 12/14/14 10:48 am

nope nothing !!!!  They don't even have medical insurance, I'm insured through my husband thankfully. I am *IRONICALLY* the dietary supervisor at an Assisted Living Facility and we are VERY small. We have 12 employees and 43 tenants.  I appreciate your support and you have mine fully !!!! 

Sherrie P.
on 12/14/14 11:08 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I went back in 2 1/2 weeks. I was tired - but I think "an object at rest stays at rest" -- so once I got back in the groove I felt much better.  You should be fine.  Good luck!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/14/14 11:12 am

Thanks I appreciate it!! :)

Poodlemac
on 12/14/14 2:11 pm
RNY on 09/26/14
On December 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, Sherrie P. wrote:

I went back in 2 1/2 weeks. I was tired - but I think "an object at rest stays at rest" -- so once I got back in the groove I felt much better.  You should be fine.  Good luck!

I agree completely!  Getting back to my routine helped me feel better and get my energy back. 

clr055
on 12/15/14 6:03 am - Lewisville, ID

Today is my first day back at work. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since surgery. I have a sitting desk job (Paralegal). I am TIRED and am leaving an hour and a half early to go home. Bring some pain meds, not enough to get loopy but enough for the edge to be taken off. If you can get away with it a heating pad is also helpful. Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics