Nurtibullet

selhard
on 11/11/14 1:35 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

How's it going today, falca1?  It takes me less than 10 seconds--more like 5 seconds to start and stop the Nutribullet.  Any longer makes the shakes less appealing in texture, taste and eye-appeal.  I drank store-bought protein shakes early on for convenience so kudos to you for having the energy to make your own from the get-go.  My plan advises to stop protein shakes after six months but view my 30-gram-protein homemade smoothie as a daily commitment to live and eat well.  I don't get the whole "straw/air" advice never having an issue. Happy Healing and glad you find lurking here helpful. 

Sparklegigi
on 11/11/14 11:34 am - La Verne, CA

I held off a long time before buying one because I thought they would be a flash in the pan and they would go on sale for practically nothing but that didnt happen!  I bought one on HSN it was a pkg for 129.00 with extra tops/cup sizes, cookbooks, etc.  I am 4.5 years out so I blend a ton of stuff, spinach or kale, pears, apples, I always add chia seeds, ice, water and my protein mix.  I use a straw all the time with no problems.  Enjoy!

falca1
on 11/12/14 10:21 pm
RNY on 11/03/14

I think I'm doing very well, thank you. First post-op visit next week ... so we'll see. I'm not having any apparent "air" difficulties. Learned to belch. and have had no nausea or vomiting or "foamies." Two very significant areas of improvement so far: Insulin requirement down from 50 to 20 Lantus and no need for intermittent Regular.  And left lower extremity edema (May-Thurner Syndrome) significantly improved.

Still weaker than I'm used to feeling but understand I've had major abdominal surgery (despite appearances to the contrary) and am being technically starved. I'm looking forward to progressing the diet on Monday.  I do NOT sense any actual aversion to food. My daily three half-cup feedings and Isopure shakes are most welcome and taste good to me. Nutribullet works well. Easily meeting protein goal and peeing light yellow so think I'm on track .

Thanks again for the information and support on here.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views