Feeling like a huge fat failure...

AlohaJen
on 9/23/14 11:19 pm
RNY on 09/05/12

Amy, thank you responding to her, as it has helped me too... I am 50 and am 2 yrs post op and have gained about 6 lbs in the last month.... I only got down to 183 that is my lowest weight so far... My presurg weight was 290... so I still feel ok, but refuse to let it get any higher now... thanks for the encouragement....

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Amy R.
on 9/24/14 6:02 am

=)

Lessoflinda
on 9/26/14 8:38 pm - NY

Amy, thanks for sharing your story.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

poet_kelly
on 9/23/14 10:55 pm - OH

I'm sorry you're having a hard time still.

I'm hesitant to offer any tips because I think every suggestion I could think of has been made before, many times.  People have suggested support groups, OA, counseling, etc.  And I gather you're not doing any of those things.  Which is OK, it's your choice.  But I don't really have anything else to suggest.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 9/23/14 11:02 pm

You have gotten great advice. It is up to you to do something.

I can also eat a ton, but choose not to most of the time.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Bonnie250
on 9/23/14 11:25 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

i read through the others comments to your post and i agree, i think you need either Overeaters Anon or counseling for your food addiction.

But until you find forgiveness and stop the self loathing, you wont be successful, You need outside help for this. Best Wishes to you, I believe you can get back on tract, If you seek help...

Bonnie

Nola68
on 9/24/14 4:05 am

I am just starting my journey, 2 months post op.  I just want to say good luck to you, you can do it.  You are the one who decides what to put in your mouth each day.  There has been a lot of good advice here for you, go to OA or even WW where you will have face to face support.

67 Years old - HW 252 - SW 231 - CW 149 - GOAL 145  RNY 7/22/2014

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/14 4:42 am

Just remember you are worth it.You need to love yourself and take care of yourself.Go through your fridge and get rid of anything that is a trigger food and your cabinets. You are not a human trash can and it is okay to throw food away if it is not good for you.

selhard
on 9/24/14 5:45 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Elementary School you say?  Well, ya know how kids learn math by doing drill sheets?  It might be worth a try to do the same with your daily food intake, exercise, supplements, etc.  I do this plus in the grocery store take trigger foods off the shelf,  put them in my cart, and practice putting them back.  Sounds weird, but I think it helps.  Drill yourself, practice, and then drill yourself again.  Easy?  Not at all.  Worth a try?  Yes.

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/14 6:47 am

I try to always test myself by leaving a few bites on my plate saying it is okay to leave food there. I think we all have something we do to test ourselves.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics