3 months out

Eno
on 9/22/14 11:45 am - ocala, FL

So should i be worried i eat whatever i want..  

The Salty Hag
on 9/22/14 12:03 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

This falls under the caveat "Just because you can doesn't mean you should." 

You choose to eat whatever you want, but you can also choose to go back to your food plan. 

Go back to protein forward meals and measuring and tracking your food...if you are wanting to get back on plan. 

Good luck! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

NYMom222
on 9/22/14 12:16 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My doc's office stresses 'forever rules' One being a protein-forward diet. Protein first veggies second and carbs only if there is room. This is the time to get into new habits when we (me included, I'm 2 months out) are still in the honeymoon period. That's what I am hoping for ... new habits.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Eno
on 9/22/14 12:31 pm - ocala, FL

I never ever tracked my food or measure it i don't know how to do it. I just downloaded a food tracker on my phone. I don't eat crazy food i have lost 40lb in 3 months i feel like i could do better. Idk i guess im scaring myself.

dragonlove
on 9/22/14 12:40 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Well, maybe you need to scare yourself.  As others have said, this is the time to build your new lifetime habits.  I believe I also could eat about anything in small doses.  However, to do that would completely render my efforts in having this surgery and changing my life to be worthless.  While I *do* snitch a finger pinch of someone's cookie, I do not get my own.  When I start craving something that isn't protein forward, I choose to have something high in protein first, and then most likely I don't crave the other food afterwards.

Please go back and follow your eating plan.  Make good choices and continue making progress.

Good Luck

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Jenn S.
on 9/22/14 12:57 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

This is where I would work with the nutritionist. How do use your food tracker if you don't know how much food you are eating?  This is the best time to focus on lean meats and fish, non starchy veggies and fruit.  The habits you build now will empower you and it will be much easier than trying to build the habits a year from  now.  Make an appt with your nutritionist and learn how you should be weighing your food and how to create healthy protein forward meals.  40 lbs is great, I wouldn't be worried about that. I would be focused on what you are eating. Good luck to you!

The Salty Hag
on 9/22/14 10:59 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

That is why I suggested measuring food as well-so Eno can enter amounts of food eaten. 

Tom Petty

The Salty Hag
on 9/22/14 11:03 pm, edited 9/22/14 11:03 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

To measure by volume, just place your food inside a measuring cup. At 3 months post-op, I was eating 1/2 cup of food per meal. That usually consisted of all protein. I had to slice up my choice of protein in order for it to fit, so if you do that...make sure you don't eat too quickly. It can be easy to do. 

Did you not get any type of post-op instructions  regarding a food plan from your surgeon or a nutritionist? 

Tom Petty

Eno
on 9/25/14 2:12 am - ocala, FL

Im looking for a food scale but for now i will be using a half cup for everything i eat. I dont want to gain weight i want to loose

Rose A.
on 9/22/14 9:51 pm - west mifflin, PA

"So should i be worried i eat whatever i want..  "

Isn't that what got you into this mess in the first place? You have the opportunity of your life, to change it and save it, use the tool that you have been given . Take the advice the others you have been given by the others, otherwise, you will continue to lose to a certain point inspite of yourself, then you will start to gain, until you gain it all back. Is that where you want to be? Yes, I would be very worried. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 271 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 318 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics