2nd day post op

eseats
on 9/18/14 12:24 am - GA
RNY on 09/16/14

I am second day post op and 1st whole day at home and feeling really and don't have an appetite. Should I force myself to eat and so far I only have drunk one once of water. It doesn't taste good to me. Can I just drink apple juice or do I need to force myself to drink water since I'm not eating. Please help!!!!

##ProudMommyof3!!!!##

GodsChildII
on 9/18/14 1:01 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

You absolutely positively should at a minimum be getting your protein shakes and water in. You should not "force yourself" to eat two days post OP in my opinion but rather concentrate on staying hydrated. Drink your protein shakes, water, broth and eat sugar fee Popsicles and sugar free jello (that is all that I was allowed for the first two weeks post OP). 

What does your surgeons plan instruct you to do?

AnnyBananny
on 9/18/14 1:26 am, edited 9/18/14 4:45 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It's time to pull out your plan! 

If water isn't tasting good to you, try other sugar-free clear liquids like Crystal Light, broth, popsicles, and jello. 

My plan called for clear, sugar free liquids the first week, progressing to full liquids (whi*****ludes protein shakes) the second week. Your plan could be different.

Honestly you should be forcing yourself to drink. I think my goal the first few days was 2-4oz an hour for the hours I was awake. By force yourself I mean if it is only that it doesn't taste good to you, make yourself do it anyway. If it is that it is physically painful, that's a different story and you need to call your surgeon.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

JAMStribe
on 9/18/14 1:33 am

I would 100% not drink juice.  Maybe Sugar free popsicles/ jello.  something like that

I couldn't even do protein shakes till day 4. 

Be careful and allow yourself to heal

Chilipepper
on 9/18/14 4:18 am
Chilipepper
on 9/18/14 4:22 am

You body doesn't need protein for up to two weeks. Just get your liquids in. Your little pouch is swollen and all you need is fluids so you don't dehydrate. You can drink Powerade Zero. That's ok. Putting pressure on your suture line can/will cause a leak. Rest. Sip on Fluids. There are 24 hours in a day. 

Please ae be careful taking information from new preops.  Sometimes their info can get you in trouble. 

Chicken Bouillon is considered a clear and the best is in a green box called Herb Ox. It's in the bullion section. Something warm in your tummy could help you feel better. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

eseats
on 9/18/14 4:31 am - GA
RNY on 09/16/14

Thank you all for your comments I have been tired mostly. But I tried walking around my house a little but I have been sleeping alot . I woke up and ate 2 sugar free Popsicles and that made me feel a little better. I also came home with the on-q pump inside of me still. Is anyone familiar with that and know if I can shower with that or not.

##ProudMommyof3!!!!##

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/14 12:11 pm

Water is the worst I have to agree. But perhaps this can help. I don't have any idea if this exact product is near you but any supermarket should have something similar. I really like them and they are zero sugar!    http://www.makeitmio.com/

isthatme
on 9/18/14 1:02 pm, edited 9/18/14 1:05 pm
VSG on 09/15/14
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views