A Year Ago Today

tdbull
on 8/13/14 1:20 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
1 year ago, I woke up from surgery without my crap band, but with a whole new opportunity to get healthy with RNY. Since then, I have lost more than what I wanted to lose, got off blood pressure meds, started exercising and have never felt better. I don't have any reflux, and other than sugar, don't really have any food intolerances. This is a good thing - I don't throw up or get things stuck, but it's also a bad thing - I have slowly introduced some of my trigger foods back into my diet, which sets off binges and cravings. I am working on getting back on a strict plan and dropping the lbs I have gained over the past 6 weeks. I am owning my deviations, and realize that I am happier being on a protein forward plan and eliminating the bad carbs, and I work on this every day. I feel so fortunate to have found this forum and the support and information I get from this site is so appreciated. I look forward going into my 2nd year with as much success as my first.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

MickeyDee
on 8/13/14 3:17 pm

It's an ongoing lesson, isn't it?  Don't worry, you'll get it.

Loveymae
on 8/13/14 3:59 pm

I wish you great success in the coming year.  You can do this!

SW: 307    

yankeescl
on 8/13/14 11:41 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment!  I am almost a year out and am finding that the cravings have come back in full force.  It is truly a battle everyday, but well worth it.  Hang tough....look forward and not back.  You have achieved so much!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 257 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 134 views
Recent Topics