EGD yesterday...large ulcer grrr

pippin2013
on 7/18/14 3:44 am

I had an upper scope yesterday and found out I have a large ulcer in my pouch.  I'm on carafate and protonix for three months and then recsope. Does anyone have experience or advice? I've been very careful with what I eat and followed the rules.  Bummed out blah! 

poet_kelly
on 7/18/14 3:52 am - OH

Ulcers usually are not caused by what you eat.  Most often they are caused by a bacteria but sometimes are caused by smoking or NSAIDS.  Did they test you for h. pylori?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pippin2013
on 7/18/14 4:01 am

I don't smoke or take NSAIDS.  I will call the gastro doc and ask about h pylori.  I'm going over papers from yesterday, I do see that he took a biopsy.  I'm uncertain how they test for h. Pylori so I definitely will be calling. Thank you for the information.  :)

new_me180
on 7/18/14 1:51 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I had an ulcer 3 weeks after surgery and it had nothing to do with food and i wasn't taking NSAIDs at all. I had a negative H-pylori test before surgery. So for me, it was one of those things that just happened after surgery.

pippin2013
on 7/19/14 4:11 am

Sorry to hear about your ulcer, but it's helpful to hear others with same experience.  I take no NSAIDs and I'm a non smoker, non drinker...I was dumbfounded to find out I had a large ulcer.  I put a call in to my docs office to find out about h. Pylori.  I just like answers and want to know how to get past this .  Thanks for your reply.

Most Active
Recent Topics