3 months out

Toni4321
on 7/14/14 12:58 am

I had two strictures and a hospital stay due to very low potassium.  I am only down 55 pounds, 15 were pre surgery.  I had hit a plateau for one entire month, and now I'm only losing about one pound a week.

Is this good weight loss?

I am worried I'm failing this diet

angeleigh
on 7/14/14 1:18 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

First off its not a DIET, its a lifestyle change. And with out knowing what your starting weight, surgery weight and goal weight are its hard to tell you if your weight loss is good. Everyone has their own rate, but if your following your plan, eating what your supposed to eat, drinking your water, taking your vitamins, and moving your ass, you will lose weight. If you dont follow your plan you will fail in the long run. You have to learn new habits.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Dartmouth
on 7/14/14 2:00 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I have also had a slow weight loss (24 pounds in post surgery ....7 weeks) a 5 week stall and have felt that I am failing....

I am trying to realise that this is not a pass or fail...it is a process.  I really have had to become very zen about all this, stick to my proteins and liquids...650-750 a day and be patient....

I don't want to feel discouraged and frustrated and angry....grrrrr!  

I try to keep myself occupied with things other than eating and weighing......But it is hard and discouraging and frustrating!

Good luck and know that not all of us shed our weight quickly and easily!

gypsgirl
on 7/15/14 6:50 am

I am also at 3 months post op.  I read these posts and get discouraged when I see how wonderful some people loose.  Me, not so much. Every pound is an effort, but I figure as long as it comes off, time is not important.  Just learning a new way of life and getting in the correct food/protein and vitamins and let nature take it's course.  Good luck to you in your journey.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 397 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 386 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 129 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?