9 mos. Post Op w/ questions.

Earthgirl1914
on 7/10/14 2:08 am - GA

I am 9 mos. post op and have lost approx. 80lbs so far. I have hit a platue recently and haven't lost any weight for more than a month now.  Is 80lbs for this far out normal? I know I need to follow up w/ my surgeon but just wondered about others results. I will admit that I have not started exercising yet due to some illness that cropped up and a few hospital stays for unrelated to the bariatric surgery.  Any thoughts? 

Earthgirl1914

mimiof2wins
on 7/10/14 3:17 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Well, I am 6 months out and have lost 84 pounds. I do exercise however.  Are you weighing and measuring your food? Are you getting in lots of protein? These things are important. 

Patm
on 7/10/14 5:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Everyone loses at a different rate. Your health issues may or may not have had an effect on your weight loss. You maybe just in a slump. Sometimes changing up your diet helps. Look at what you are eating and see if you need to tweek it. Talk to your dietitian for advice.

Good luck

poet_kelly
on 7/10/14 5:21 am - OH

The amount of weight loss that is normal depends on how much weight you needed to lose in the first place.  It is typical to have lost about half your excess weight at around six months post op.  So 80 lbs would be normal in six months if you needed to lose about 160 lbs altogether.  If you needed to lose more, it would be normal to have lost more.  If you needed to lose less, it would be normal to have lost less.

Of course, you will probably lose faster if you do exercise.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

babs_02
on 7/11/14 1:07 pm - NY

At 9 months I lost 82 lbs and I have not lost a pound since. I had hoped to lose 20 more lbs. Still trying to get it off but being close now to 2 yrs out it's not happening. I am still following my plan and walking for exercise. I have a damaged heart so I can not do strenuous exercise or I most likely would have lost more. My surgeon wanted me to lose 70lbs. I passed his goal but I had set a goal for myself at 100 lbs. I just trying.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/12/14 5:48 am - OH

My only true stall was one that lasted 9 weeks and started at around 9 months out.  When the stall finally broke, I was losing at a much slower rate, but I did continue to lose  at a snail's pace for a year after that.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views