Surgery was this morning!

NessaV29
on 7/8/14 12:29 pm

I had my rny this morning. I was expecting to be in so much more pain! I pretty much feel great and am walking and happy! I'm so glad I did this and I'm excited for what the future holds! I did have a terrible time waking up from surgery, but I had kind of known this. I had the same thing(this time was much worse) waking up from a twilight. I was freezing and in lots of pain and dry heaving and just feeling awful! Once the anesthesia wore off, I was fine though. I am really glad I found thus place, I know it will be invaluable to me! 

30 years old, RNY scheduled for 07/08/2014 at UIC, Surgeon: Dr Elli

Ali Shepherd
on 7/8/14 12:38 pm - Smyrna, TN

Congratulation on your surgery! I had mine 43 days ago and I feel great now and already lost 61 Lbs so far. 

Do exactly what the doctor is telling you, and fellow the eating/drinking instructions. it will be maybe 7-10 days of discomfort, but everything will be fine after that if everything goes well. Praying for fast healing and quick recovery

juluch
on 7/8/14 12:43 pm

I wake up just like you!  Ugh!  But I'm a month out and feel great!  Walk 10 minutes every hour the first week or so!  It really helps!  Congratulations!

karenp8
on 7/8/14 1:09 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep walking as much as you can as it really helps with gas pain.

AnnyBananny
on 7/8/14 1:10 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congratulations and welcome to the Losers' Bench! Remember to keep using the pain meds though so you continue to feel good! I did great all day of my surgery but woke in the night with really bad gas pains that I had forgotten I might experience (and started getting worried something was wrong since the pain meds weren't helping and the first night nurse just kept telling me no I can't have anymore pain meds, then a nicer nurse came in and reminded me about gas pain) - so just a reminder...you might have gas pain and the best thing to do for it is walk, walk, walk!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

kbb0185
on 7/8/14 9:52 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

That is so awesome!  Congrats on being on the other side, you are amazing!  I am next Tuesday and I hope I can be writing a message like this a few hours after surgery :)

Kaydensmomma10
on 7/8/14 10:06 pm - Columbus, OH

That's so awesome that you are feeling pretty good :) congrats! I can't wait til it's my turn :)

tdbull
on 7/9/14 2:00 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
So glad to hear you're doing so well. Remember to walk, sip and rest. Welcome to the Losers Benh!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Butterfly18120
on 7/9/14 2:13 am
RNY on 07/11/14

Thanks for the post. My RNY is this Friday. Your posting so quickly afterwards is encouraging and thanks to responders and their posts for their ideas and suggestions. I hope I can post and be up and walking as well. Best wishes in your new journey

teachnaz
on 7/9/14 2:16 am

Seeing that you are posting the same day as your surgery makes me feel encouraged.  My surgery is Friday.  Congratulations!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 478 views