NO hunger at all....

Mimi2Konnor
on 6/13/14 2:29 am
RNY on 06/03/14

Has anyone else experienced this? I have absolutely no hunger whatsoever.  I have to force myself to eat something and I struggle with getting it down.  I'm only on my third day of pureed foods so far but I'm guessing it will come with time?  I'm getting closer to goal on liquids most days.

48F   5'10"   HW: 375   SW: 350  CW: 298 as of 9/11/14

BWB
on 6/13/14 3:10 am

That will change. I may feel hungry but a couple of bites will fill me very fast.  Hunger feels different too.  It is sort of like a little stomach ache and weakness.  

Dodgergirl27
on 6/13/14 3:26 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Yeah, that happened to me as well.  I would say for the first 1.5 months to 2 months, forcing myself to eat was a real struggle.  Then, I literally woke up one morning and my hunger was back.  Luckily, my restriction kicks in really fast, but my advice is, Eat. SLOW.  When my hunger first came back, I was starving and would eat way to fast and have some major dumping issues.  Enjoy the no hunger phase while it last :)

tdbull
on 6/13/14 3:29 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Yes, I didn't feel hunger until around month 6. Even now, if I am involved and busy, I will not actually feel hunger, but more lightheaded and weak, and know that I need to eat. It really is a different kind of feeling. Maybe more signs that you need to eat versus your tummy actually growling because you're so hungry. This just doesn't happen that my tummy growls due to hunger, but boy does it growl after I eat. I sound like a human garbage disposal and it's loud, to where others can hear it. LOL
I jus****ch the clock, and try to eat something every few hours. I plan 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, and spread these out to where I don't get too weak for lightheaded.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

White Dove
on 6/13/14 4:22 am - Warren, OH

I will be seven years out in October.  My hunger has not come back yet.  I do eat, but have no hunger at all.  My surgeon says it is because he cuts the vagus nerve.  You can ask if that was done.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 6/13/14 4:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Look at it as a gift. You can focus on eating healthy, without struggling with constant hunger pangs. The hunger will come back, so make the best of it while it's gone. Follow your plan, and you'll do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mimi2Konnor
on 6/13/14 11:02 am
RNY on 06/03/14

Thanks for the replies.  I think I need to concentrate more on what signals my body IS giving me other than the fact that I am not feeling hunger.  I have felt lightheaded a couple of times.  I am trying to follow my plan as best I can.. still not quite getting in all the calories/protein that I need to, but I'm still on my first week pureed food.  I know if I continue working on it I will get there. 

I FEEL great, and the weight is dropping, so I will just keep going forward :)  Husbands surgery is on Monday.  Can't wait for him to join me! 

48F   5'10"   HW: 375   SW: 350  CW: 298 as of 9/11/14

Manny32
on 6/14/14 12:31 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

that will change you will later feel a bit hungry but dont panic is not a hunger that you need to eat every 5 minute heheheh once u eat something yo can keep going for hours till u feel hungry again plus u cant eat alot.

JenniPenny
on 6/14/14 6:33 am - MN

I'm 13 yrs out and I still don't have hunger. We are so familiar with it pre op that it blows us away when we're not constantly hungry post op. I eat by the clock. If I get shaky and look at the time it's almost always past meal time. My doc said I wouldn't get hunger, but could get head hunger. I had that at first but learned to recognize real physical hunger and head hunger. For me boredom is when I think about eating, at the computer, etc. I eat at meal time and snack time - not just cause I'm bored. You may never get hunger back. I honestly can't tell you what hunger feels like anymore. I eat by what time it is, still do protein forward or protein only meals and am full till the next meal. On more strenuous days I add a snack or two or whatever I need depending on the activity. It's worked for me so far and I love that I'm not hungry anymore.

Jen 13 yrs post op RNY

nnylear
on 6/14/14 9:46 pm
RNY on 06/03/14

Having our surgeries on the same day, we are going through the same things.  I too am not hungry and have the weakness feeling like I hit a wall.  It's hard to eat by the clock, but if I miss my time because I am out and about I am telling my husband we need to get home so I can eat.  I am also still on purée food and I tried to add more protein with a extra lean turkey sausage yesterday.  Blended it with an soft egg and only got half down before I was full. Not even an hour later I was running to the bathroom. It went right through me,  not sure if it was too fatty, but when I feel pain I run. 

Not sure if this has happen to you yet.  

Take care,

Heaviest 296,  Starting 286, Post-Op 255, Goal 150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 358 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 335 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 294 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 351 views