Interesting Thought...

tdbull
on 6/11/14 3:29 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'm not one to chew my food to mush, so as I was eating breakfast, I thought to myself. If I don't chew to mush, and larger chunks of food go into my pouch, wouldn't my pouch fill up with lesser food, and wouldn't it take longer to digest and keep me full, as the more liquid the food, the faster it leaves the pouch? Just thought I would throw this out there for discussion and debate.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Finding_Feather
on 6/11/14 4:15 am

your food is mostly digested in the intestine now, so it needs to be chewed to take the place of what your stomach used to do - break down food in preparation for the intestine. Also, large chunks of food can get stuck in the stoma (new opening to the intestine from the pouch) and cause serious paina and vomiting - no one wants that.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/14 4:19 am

my answer: pain ...pain pain pain..  pluss possibility to stretch your stoma..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics