Weight loss... SLOOOOOWWWWWLY

Heather B.
on 5/31/14 2:21 pm - Wyandotte, MI

The thing you have to look at is percentage of excess weight lost Not the number of pounds. From your ticker it seems you have 144lbs to lose total. You have lost 20% of your excess body weight in 6 weeks. That is great considering the average excess weight lost for surgery in general is 70%. You are well on your way. Keep up the good work. If you compare to somone who has 300 to lose who lost 45 only lost 15% of their excess so you are actually doing better.  But it's not about competition and should be about your health.  Everyone is different so success rates vary.

Heather B. 
VSG on 11/28/11
Revision to RNY on 04/28/14

Aes85
on 5/31/14 3:53 pm

I think you are doing fantastic and just keep your eye on the prize ... Your body will lose weight as long as you keep doing what you're doing! And I think it is KEY to not compare your journey to someone else's ... Everyone's journey is different but ultimately fitness and health is the main goal; not so much the number on the scale 

28M, 6'2 ft.  HW: 313.  SW: 280.  CW: 261. RNY 5/21/14.

dvolumptious1
on 5/31/14 4:39 pm

Awesome post. A lot of us feel this way. Thanks for being the voice. 

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

MrsD68
on 5/31/14 8:51 pm

Thank you to everyone for the support and encouragement. I dont know anyone besides a co worker that has had this.. and she WAS much smaller than me.. it is hard to not compare, when eveyone I work with see's "her" results.. and Here I sit.. fading slowly away.. lol.. I am going to try to stop obsessing.. and focus on the good things.. THanks again everyone for the support.. that I NEEDED..

MichellesJourney
on 6/1/14 2:26 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Hi,

I had surgery on 4/9 and I have only dropped 29lbs.  I am in the same boat as you.  I know we are not supposed to compare our weight loss with others because everyone is different

but it is hard not to specially when you see others loosing twice the amount as you.  I am working on excepting my weight loss for what it is and will be happy that I have at least 

lost weight rather than gained. I do admit I am not exercising like I should and there is no excuse for that.  Anyway just wanted to let you know your not alone :)

MrsD68
on 6/1/14 4:19 am

Thank you.. I appreciate that. I did look online at some things, and found ONE thing that POSSIBLY could contribute to my slow metabolism... I have been struggeling with the water intake.. I TRY. I do, I used to LOVE water.. PLAIN ol ice water.. drank it by the gallon I swear.. but since surgery.. the TASTE is UGH. I use crystal light and MIO. I like the mio better.. but I am trying to get back into the plain water. In any case, the WEB MD site, said, even if your SLIGHTLY dehydrated, it can slow your metabolism down... It is the ONLY thing other than not being able to do marathon excercise sessions.. I know some people walk 2 miles AFTER work? I would die.. LOL But I thought I  would share what I read...

grnidpapple
on 6/1/14 2:57 am

My surgery was March 18 and I have only lost 23... i have come to terms with my slow weightloss and quit stressing over it. When i did that i lost 10 in 2 weeks.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views