Getting a Keurig - Boo ya!

Blackbird1987
on 5/2/14 12:58 am

I used to drink TONS of coffee every morning and have since stopped completely (partially because of the surgery but mainly because my coffee pot broke right before surgery) In an effort to limit my intake of coffee and get to try many flavors including some decaf brands……….

I AM GETTING A KEURIG! Yay! I can make home brewed iced tea (decaf and regular) lots of variety with coffee (decaf and regular) and even iced coffees! 

I am 9 weeks out of surgery and I think my stomach can handle some coffee at this point (I have been nervous about it). :) I am so excited! 

Any good K-cup flavors? I had tried the Donut Shop Coconut Mocha a while back and I loved it! 

JJ0609
on 5/2/14 1:51 am, edited 5/2/14 1:51 am

I love my Keurig! I am glad for you! Try Green Mountain coffees! Southern Pecan is wonderful!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Blackbird1987
on 5/2/14 5:04 am

Southern Pecan sounds lovely so I am sure it will taste great too! I miss the smell of coffee in the house in the morning! 

martitalinda
on 5/2/14 1:53 am

I love my Keurig.  I love love love the -k-cup Kahlua pods ... they are my fave.... My keurig rocks for my teas too...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Blackbird1987
on 5/2/14 5:03 am

YUM! I will try the Kahlua pods! 

karenp8
on 5/2/14 3:17 am - Brighton, IL

I love my Keurig too! I fussed at my husband for buying it because bit was so pricy but I use it several times every day. I have yet to find any flavors I don't like. I also bought one of the little filter baskets so I can use regular coffee too. My favorite right now is a regular ground coffee from Walmart  by Harmony Bay called cinnamon pecan. Yummy!

Blackbird1987
on 5/2/14 5:03 am

I have heard a lot of great things about the filter baskets, I am going to get one of those too :) Thanks for your input! 

MyLady Heidi
on 5/2/14 4:14 am

It seems like a silly waste of money for iced tea.  I brew the jumbo bags of tea, that cost pennies compared to the super over-priced k-cups and chill it in a glass container in the fridge.  It might be fine if you drink hot coffee but for iced tea it is most annoying.  We have one of those things at work and I made a cup of tea the other day and it was sooo hot, I couldn't even add it to my cups half filled with ice and lemon as it started to melt everything even after I let it sit for what seemed like forever.  Whoever invented this was a marketing genius, I bought one for my mil because she just had to have it, the thing scales up.  Its disgusting.  I would never ever use such a thing.  She's got to clean it so often and we don't even have hard water.  Yuck.

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/14 12:51 pm, edited 5/2/14 11:40 pm

Heidi  how much lemon do you put in your tea?

Miss Liss
on 5/2/14 4:54 am

I love my Keurig.  I am the only one in my house that drinks coffee so it is economical for me as I only drink one cup in the morning and one cup in the afternoons.  Hubby will use it for hot tea occasionally, and my kids use it for hot chocolate in the winter.  Mine has a filter for the water, and I have no problems with keeping it clean or anything.  Works like a charm, and there are so many flavors to choose from.  My favorite coffee is the Donut Shop Original.  As far as flavors go, there is a butter toffee that is really good.  Enjoy your Keurig.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views