Recipes for after surgery??

Ready4Change1219
on 4/28/14 6:36 am

I have not gotten surgery yet, but very very soon...actually in a week...so super soon! Yay! Ive come across some awesome recipes around here but was wondering if there any particular sites that bariatric patients can use?? Things I get nervous about missing:

a. Mashed potatoes...potatoes in general...French fries :)

b. pizza

c. chips (I have done the Kale chips...love that option just looking for others)

Cunning_Pam
on 4/28/14 6:53 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I find that Bariatric Foodie and The World According to Eggface have a lot of great recipes. You can also google low-carb and Paleo recipe sites, they often have recipes that may only need slight modification to be WLS friendly.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Ready4Change1219
on 4/28/14 7:07 am

Great, thank you!! What's Paleo?? Sorry still trying to understand everything.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/28/14 7:14 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Paleo, or primal, is a way of eating that tries to follow relatively closely what our ancestors would have eaten back in "caveman" days. They eat no dairy, grains, beans, concentrated sugars or highly processed foods. The emphasis is on whole, unprocessed food. Nom Nom Paleo is a website that I like to follow, she has great recipes and also isn't "preachy" or extreme about the idea. If you're interested, here's the page from the Nom Nom Paleo site that discusses it further.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Ready4Change1219
on 4/28/14 7:19 am

intresting, i will look into it. Thank you!!

Lora R.
on 4/28/14 9:34 am
RNY on 09/12/13

Love the world according to eggface!  You will be surprised what you can handle, later down the road.

a.  potatoes will be fine, like anything, moderation.

b.  pizza, I will eat just the cheese and pepperoni, after blotting the grease off.  Haven't tried the crust yet.  But fine with toast.  Go figure.

c.  chips, I was a chip addict.  I keep telling myself they will make me sick, and I can walk away from them.  If I can do that, you will too.  You won't miss them once you don't have them for so long. 

Good luck!!

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

Ready4Change1219
on 4/28/14 9:43 am

thank you :) i checked out Eggface earlier and love it!!

Ready4Change1219
on 4/28/14 12:12 pm

I seen somewhere that someone made pepperoni chips...just thought I would let you know, they sounded yummy and crispy ;)

Gypsyqueen5
on 4/28/14 11:04 am - Seattle, WA

Pinterest has great Bariatric recipies, and Eggface too! 

SeattleSeagirl

Ready4Change1219
on 4/28/14 12:09 pm

Pinterest?? Never even thought of checking there!!! Lol great suggestion, thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 32 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views