suggestions needed

ywalton
on 3/28/14 6:14 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

I think I have the flu. Food does not sound good, if I drink I gurgle and want to throw up.

Any ideas to stay hydrated

poet_kelly
on 3/28/14 6:26 am - OH

Clear liquids.  If you can't keep any liquids down for very long, you'll need to go to the ER for IV fluids.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ywalton
on 3/28/14 6:54 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

I am trying, I really don't want to go to the ER

siberiancat
on 3/28/14 7:00 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Sips, very frequently.  Use a straw.  Warm liquids may be more soothing. SF popsicles.  Be better.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

PetHairMagnet
on 3/28/14 9:27 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Have you asked your doctor for an anti-emetic?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

LittleMiss2013
on 3/28/14 10:38 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

How about Pedialyte? Do they have that in the US....it's normally for children when they are sick, to help them stay hydrated. It's high in electrolytes. Or maybe sugar free Gatorade? If you can't keep anything down, take an eye dropper, and fill it with gatorade or water, juice, whatever....something sugar free....and give yourself an eye dropper full every 10 minutes. It's not enough to throw up, but it will get fluids in ya. Every 5 minutes if you can, and try some Gravol for nausea and it will help you sleep. 

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon =) 

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

basilmk
on 3/28/14 11:45 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

When I didn't feel well, I sipped Unjury chicken broth.

Candy V.
on 3/28/14 12:30 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I had it a few weeks ago.  Clear liquids:  hot mint tea, water, crystal lite, flavored sf water. Etc.  mine only lasted a few days. I hope u feel better soon.   

I lost 3 pounds from it. At least there is a positive :)

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

JJ0609
on 3/28/14 9:43 pm

Powerade Zeros

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 44 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views