Hives help!!!!!

taramills20
on 3/23/14 11:35 am
RNY on 03/04/14

I am three weeks post opp and have just started the soft food phase. I have had a chest cold since last week and today I broke out in hives from head to toe. Anyone had this before happen to them? Any suggestions? 

Day_dream_believer
on 3/23/14 1:20 pm

If it is an allergic reaction Benadryl will help. Give your Dr a call if it is still bad tomorrow. 

Cunning_Pam
on 3/23/14 1:31 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Second the Benadryl recommendation and to call the doctor if it continues. You've possibly eaten something that's caused an allergic reaction, and it may be something you've eaten multiple times in the past with no problems. Can you think of anything new you've eaten? Have you switched laundry detergents or fabric softener? Something like that could be causing the problem as well.

Good luck! Hives all over can be maddening; I hope you get some relief soon.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

JJ0609
on 3/23/14 10:06 pm

How miserable you must be! I hope the Benadryl is working and you found the culprit. I woke up the day after Christmas with my face completely swollen (eyes shut and everything). I was allergic to some new anti-aging cream I got as a gift from my hubby. What an expensive laugh. Then after surgery in November 2013, I found out I was allergic to latex from the band-aids and steri-strips. So I understand how miserable you are.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

PetHairMagnet
on 3/24/14 12:54 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hives are awful! For my kids they always liked when I effectively painted them head to toe with clear calamine and gave them Benadryl. Nothing else but time seemed to help. My SIL puts her kids in a tub with some anti-itch meds in the water. 

Hope you feel better soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 352 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 114 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?