Protein Coffee?

Mimi2Konnor
on 3/14/14 11:50 am
RNY on 06/03/14

I've seen people mention protein coffee on here before... wonder what brands/types you use?  How much protein is in it?  

48F   5'10"   HW: 375   SW: 350  CW: 298 as of 9/11/14

molly3613
on 3/14/14 12:07 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I just make my regular coffee then pour in premier protein rtd from costco.  The amount i add sweetens the coffee and adds 15 g protein.  A protein latte sort of drink.  It is so good.  If i have a second cup and use the rest of the premier protein i get 30 protein in the morning. Almost 1/2 for the day.  And it is so good and it is my coffee fix.  I read where one person preferred the chocolate premier protein in coffee.  I will try that next time.  Sounds good too

poet_kelly
on 3/14/14 12:13 pm - OH

I think most people are taking about adding protein powder to coffee, so the amount of protein would depend on what brand/how much you added.  To add protein powder to coffee, put the protein powder in a cup with an ounce or two of cold or room temp liquid and stir that to make a smooth paste.  Then stir that paste into your hot coffee.  If you put protein powder right into hot liquid, it makes nasty lumps.

Click is a brand that makes coffee flavored protein powder.  You can make it hot or cold.  I think it only has 15 grams of protein.  I like chike iced coffee, which I think is something like 20 grams of protein.  I also like the cappuccino flavor Syntrax Nectar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mimi2Konnor
on 3/14/14 12:31 pm
RNY on 06/03/14

OK.   I have made my coffee lukewarm and used that instead of water to make my protein shake.  Same kind of thing :)   Thanks! 

48F   5'10"   HW: 375   SW: 350  CW: 298 as of 9/11/14

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/15/14 3:51 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I have two protein coffee flavored drinks: Click decaf mocha and Synthrax Nector Cappuccino (no caffeine).  I really don't like the Click -- I've tried to, but I just don't. Click has 15 grams.  The Nectar Cappuccino (23 grams) is pretty good.  I mix it with almond milk and have it over ice.  It reminds me of an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts and has 23 g of protein.  Like others have mentioned, I also have used protein added to my decaf coffee.  I really like premier protein in vanilla used as creamer.  Premier Protein is RTD with 30 grams of protein, but I only use a little bit so I am probably adding 3-5 grams per cup?

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views