Warning to ALL!!

TattooMammaRN
on 3/13/14 10:00 pm

I rarely see the bad stuff posted on this site, probably for fear of someone else making a comment that will make us feel stupid, but here is my issue............I was sick for a few days, bad nausea, so I wasn't really eating or drinking or taking any vitamins!!!  I got out of my regular routine.  So I didn't take any vitamins for a few weeks, very poor choice!!  I don't know how long it takes to become vitamin defienct, but I feel like crap, I look like crap, and not losing any weight.  I finally got my fluids back up to par and working on the vitamins.  Be careful, be mindful and try not to get off track.  If you do get right back on as soon as possible!!

Does anyone know how long it will take for me to start feeling better?  I am scared to call my doctor........he will not be happy with me!!!  

Ocalasam
on 3/13/14 10:03 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

It takes a while for a vitamin deficit to really affect you.  It may just have been dehydration.  Don't beat yourself up.  You're back on track and you learned your lesson.  If you are feeling bad, call your doctor and make an appointment.  You need to feel better.  You're an adult, so take responsibility.  Your doctor may be disappointed, but there's no way you are the first patient that hasn't been compliant with vitamins.  I think it's pretty commo n.

gtrdyfor50
on 3/13/14 11:25 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
You really, really need to call your Dr and be seen and get labs in order to know what you need to start feeling better. Bite the bullet, call today.

poet_kelly
on 3/13/14 11:58 pm - OH

How long it will take to feel better depends on what is wrong with you.  It's unlikely you developed a serious vitamin deficiency in just a few weeks, but the only way to know for sure is to get labs done.  I'm sorry you're scared of your doctor.  If you feel scared of him and so you don't want to call him when you have problems, you might want to consider finding a new doc that you feel more comfortable with.  Your doctor should be someone you trust and feel safe going to with problems.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 233 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics