Date Set - Anxious!

nfoy413
on 3/12/14 12:44 am - Memphis, TN

Hello All,  As a newbie on the forum, I've been reading a lot of posts on here that have helped me tremendously!  I have a date set for RNY on March 18th and have been on the Liver Shrink diet for a week now.  With my surgery date approaching rapaidly, I noticed I am starting to get very anxious, nervious, and excited -- and full of questions!  Luckily I have been able to reach out to several close friends and family members who have had the RNY or Sleave and they've all been great at answering and/or giving me their opinions on the matter.  I have been able to loose about 15 lbs this week so that's a great start!  I just hope the anxiety settles down and I can head into surgery on Tuesday morning with a calm spirit and a made up mind. :)

Look forward to more posts from everyone!  They help us who follow in your footsteps!

Lisa_Douglas
on 3/12/14 3:38 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Congratulations on your success so far and your decision to move forward!  The questions and anxiety are perfectly normal and something the vast majority of us have used this site for :-)  Wishing you all the best in your journey!

karenp8
on 3/12/14 3:53 am - Brighton, IL

I was anxious before my surgery too and worried about what would come. What came was a new healthy life and a slim body with no constant knee and back pain,diabetes,high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Now I realize how much I had cut out of life;I no longer bowled,camped,gardened or went out on my boat because I couldn't get around. One hundred forty pounds lighter,I now look forward to summer and lots of fun! You can do this!

kstwin
on 3/13/14 10:25 pm

My surgery is on the same day as yours... in 4 days! I am SO nervous and scared.  I have been looking into this surgery for 2 years and now that it is here I am just scared.  I have 2 small kids and I am worried about the complications that may come after the RNY.  I am also on the liquid diet and lost 10 pounds.  It is nice to find this forum to read other people's case.

Good luck on your surgery on the 18th. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 353 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 332 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 285 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 349 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?