day 7 post op

SHMILY
on 3/5/14 12:44 pm, edited 3/5/14 12:48 pm

Feeling a little blue today...but was alone all day. I need to keep my eye on the prize, and not think about the other stuff. I still cannot wear pants because of the swelling so am pretty much sworn to the house. I hope that changes before my Doc app on the 11th... is anyone else suffering from extreme cold hands and feet???

selhard
on 3/5/14 12:56 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

People have warned on here about "buyers remorse" soon after surgery, think the surgery wasn't performed correctly on them, and/or have hormonal mood swings like crazy.  The good news is it usually gets replaced rather quickly with excitemen****ching the scale go in the right direction for once.

tdbull
on 3/5/14 1:07 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I was swollen for a long time, so I wore my jammies, put on some shoes and went walking around my back yard many times a day, just to get out. I was so sure I had made the worst mistake of my life for the first 2 months post op - and my hands and feet were always cold. I just couldn't get them warm. It took about 8 weeks for me to start feeling a little more normal - once I could get dressed, walk around my cul de sac, put on makeup, and eating solid food, I started feeling better. I think what you are experiencing is fairly normal. Hang in there - it will get much better. Give your body a chance to heal and adjust to all this trauma. It will be worth it in the end.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

SHMILY
on 3/5/14 1:11 pm

Thank you. I spent some time looking at the before and after photos and it helped a  lot

karenp8
on 3/5/14 7:07 pm - Brighton, IL

All the things you are feeling are totally normal. As you body begins to burn fat the moods are often crazy as hormones are stored in fat deposits in the body. Each day will get a bit better and as food becomes more normal and you begin to lose weight it all becomes worth it. I went from 260 to 120 pounds in about 8 months and am thin now for the first time ever in my life. I promise you will be happy about your progress soon!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 260 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 116 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?