6 days post op and....

SHMILY
on 3/4/14 9:20 am

six days post op and I am still so swollen and sore. I know my body has been through a lot but I sure hoped for more progress.

tdbull
on 3/4/14 9:22 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Give yourself some time. I was swollen for about a month, and even 3 weeks post op, I hit my first stall. I remember wishing that I never had this surgery, and that I would be the case that failed. But it does get better - your body needs time to heal. Take it easy, drink your fluids, get your protein in so you heal, and walk when you can. Hugs.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

SHMILY
on 3/4/14 9:25 am

Thank you, I know not to expect any post op wt loss yet because of all the fluid pumped into me but just wondered about the swelling. Thanks so much

RNY on 10/21/13

Take a breath and give yourself a chance to heal. Everything will happen in time, seriously, it will. 

I was swollen for at least a month. In fact, at 9-10 days after surgery I weighed two pounds more than I did on the day of surgery. In time my body recovered and the weight started coming off. I'm now a little past 4 months out from surgery and have lost over 90 lbs. 

Have faith in yourself and the process. If the scale stresses you out, be kind to yourself and stay off of it for awhile until you have recovered...physically and mentally. 

Best wishes!

LAP RNY 10.21.13  Pounds lost by month: 1: 34 2: 25 3: 16 4: 12 5: 7 6: 18 7: 10 8: 8 9:15 10:10 11: 10  12:  Total so far: 190! pounds

Louise1974
on 3/4/14 9:31 am

It is major surgery!  It will get better.  i was sore and swollen for quite a while.  Getting enough liquids and walking as much as I felt I was able to helped a lot.  Six days post op can be tough, you have all the worst of it with none of the best of it.  it will come!  Just hang in there.  Your body has gone through a lot, progress isn't going to happen in six days, but wait till six months from now!  I loved those early months because literally every time I turned around I needed a few size.  I lost weight very slowly but I did lose weight and now I am maintaining a weight loss that I feel really good about.  You didn't get here overnight right?  It is okay.  Think of where you were a year ago?  Progress, right?

ReginaPhelange
on 3/4/14 10:54 am
RNY on 02/24/14

1 week and a day for me,  I have good days and then days like today where I had to remind myself that even though I have 6 small cuts my insides have a lot of healing to do.  I will not always feel bad, I will heal and learn my new body and feel good again.

I wish you the best

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?