Pain after RNY

mama2418
on 2/26/14 1:58 am
RNY on 02/13/14

Hi guys,

I am 3 weeks out. I have a bad pain whenever I sit and stand up on the left side down where my belly button is, I also feel like I have a side cramp on the left side.

If I am sitting it gets better its only when I go to stand up or sit down or move the wrong way. Is this common and does it sound like muscle? It didn't hurt me until I sat funny a few days ago.

"This too shall pass" and then we go shopping!   

laura343
on 2/26/14 2:22 am

Sorry to hear that.  I really didn't have any pains after surgery.  You may want to call your doctor asap.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/26/14 2:33 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I did not experience that, nor did my husband, but if it is normal or not...no one here can really say. I would call your doctor and see what they say. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

dccyr
on 2/26/14 9:07 am

the lower left side is where a lot of the work was done for the RNY.  most of my discomfort was in the lower left side.  I am three weeks out and the soreness is getting better.  I met with my surgeon today for my second post op appointment and he said it is very normal to have some soreness in the lower left side and is usually the last to finish healing.  It is common and will get better.

Sherrie P.
on 2/26/14 11:39 am
RNY on 02/06/13

That is where most of my pain was too.

A phone call to your nurse may give you peace of mind.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

autumn01
on 2/27/14 9:34 am - OH
RNY on 08/12/14

I am just checking on you to see how you are doing with the pain on your left side.. I hope all is ok and it will be getting better each day. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 1 replies · 10 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views