Protein Snack

Ocalasam
on 2/24/14 12:55 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I was grocery shopping yesterday and saw some interesting high protein snacks in the area where they sell things like Lunchables and hot dogs.  One was called "Rev" and it was basically a wrap with meat and cheese.  It had 18g of protein and another was one called P (stands for protein) with some other acronyms, that was right next to it.  I think it might have been made by Ocar Myer.  It was meat and cheese and nuts in 3 seperate areas and was 14g of protein.  Both weren't too high in calories either.  I know we can all make these things ourselves, but I am a busy working mother and it seems like a nice quick option for a snack - especially when we are looking for easy things to take to a theme parks or work meetings, etc.  Just thought I would share, since they are new.

gooddaysunshine
on 2/24/14 1:19 am
RNY on 04/30/13

I saw these too and tried the P- ones with the three little compartments.  Very good!  Quick and easy to grab out of the fridge on the way to work too!

SandieMc49
on 2/24/14 1:28 am

Be sure to also notice the sugar and sodium content.  I shy away from processed food no matter much protein those things claim to have.  But "on the fly" - that's okay once in a while I guess.  Just be a label-reader! 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/24/14 1:28 am - OH

I had a free coupon for one of the Rev wraps.  The wrap was extremely dry and the turkey was tasteless.  Define you not something I would pay money for, especially since I didn't even finish the free one!  It is something that ought to be in a rest stop vending machine.

Keep in mind that most of those things are very high is sodium and have a boatload of chemicals and preservatives added to them. Convenient perhaps, but not terribly healthy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

chulbert
on 2/24/14 1:58 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Not to mention they are quite high in calories for just a snack.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/24/14 2:03 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM Pacific Time, ****rogirl wrote:

I had a free coupon for one of the Rev wraps.  The wrap was extremely dry and the turkey was tasteless.  Define you not something I would pay money for, especially since I didn't even finish the free one!  It is something that ought to be in a rest stop vending machine.

Keep in mind that most of those things are very high is sodium and have a boatload of chemicals and preservatives added to them. Convenient perhaps, but not terribly healthy.

Lora

My son, a virtual eating machine, would not finish his Rev wrap and I do not recall if it was turkey or not, but I know it was NOT the pepperoni one. He said, and I quote, "Is this some awful diet food you are trying to trick me into eating?" 

I have had success in taking a leaf of Romaine and a thin deli slice of cheese and 1 oz of thinly sliced meat rolled up and a quick wrap of foil or Saran that I make on Monday and they stay nice until Wednesday. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

siberiancat
on 2/24/14 5:38 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I agree with the above comments.  Pre-packaged food - like you describe- have added sodium, chemicals, preservatives.  I try not to eat processed foods often.

It is easy to keep, nuts, seeds, organic cheese sticks in your purse/bag and always have quality protein with you.  If you boil a dozen eggs - you can take one with you - easy on the pouch and portable.  I like nut butter in individual packets in my work bag - the protein and fat combination keep me satisfied.

Keep trying.  It is wonderful that you are putting protein first.

Best wishes,  Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Ocalasam
on 2/25/14 12:00 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I totally get that it is prepackaged and we can make these things ourselves (as mentioned in the OP), just a suggestion for a quick high protein snack.  Not an everyday thing.....I do read labels.  These are not a horrible choice for a high protein snack. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics