update from gallbladder and ulcer

shawna W.
on 2/22/14 4:16 pm, edited 2/22/14 4:20 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

well if that wasn't enough for my body. it decided to pass my second kidney stone, one 2 months ago, this weeks (since Monday night) ... I cant tell you how much pain im in with the kidney stone, ulcer, on my period (horrific cramps), and just healing from gallbladder surgery a little over two weeks ago. since I cant take nsaids my only resort was the hospital prescribed percect... I hate narcotics with a passion...they make me sick. I didn't realize how sic****il I was vomiting every 10 minutes from 10pm at night till my husband got a call back from the doctor at 3pm saying take me to the emergency room. every loud noise made me twitch I would vomit I swallowed my spit, vomit. it wasn't fun. I went to the hospital and I was really dehydrated and they gave me zophran and other things I forgot...I was asleep for three days so knocked out from meds and benedryl. I felt better, but it really irritated my ulcer so now im dealing with reminisce of that...even water is making it mad. im tired, since about 2 1/2 months out I been constantly knocked down with illnesses. the first kidney stone alone I was dealing with for a month and finally got to the point of pain where I was on the ground crying to go to the hospital (im stubborn and I didn't think too much of it just muscle pain at first)...it took 4 hospital visits in 2 weeks just to get diagnosed!! I got the excuse it was a uti then not one the next time and it was in my head and then it was just my period...it seems I keep getting kidney stones passing when I get my period..odd and painful. finally the doc found it. luckly this time they looked over my ct scan from me going to the hospital for the gallbladder (before finding out I needed it out the following week with a HIDA) and saw there was a stone in my right kidney. so yay. now every twitch in my side im so scared of another stone....everything just feels like I got hit by a truck rolled in a fog. yes I am taking my nexium and Carafate except when throwing up, obviously. im just very extra very tired of being sick constantly with different things.

anyway I am rambling, i'm sorry.

Shawna w

HW: 358 SW: 316   

Laura in Texas
on 2/22/14 8:37 pm

Awe. You have had a tough road. I hope you feel better soon!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

shawna W.
on 2/23/14 4:00 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

thank you

southernpeachnc
on 2/22/14 9:57 pm

You've really had a rough and tough time of it.  It sounds as though you're on the road to recovery now. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

shawna W.
on 2/23/14 4:00 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

thank you!

Patm
on 2/22/14 10:11 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have every reason to ramble. I can only image how tired you are after all you have been through. I hope this is the last of it and you can heal

Good luck

shawna W.
on 2/23/14 4:01 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

thank you, me too :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/14 12:31 am

I have to take benadryl wityh every narcotic pill or I react like you do. And even then I need to make sure I dont move around much, don't have any fan on or watch anything with fast motion..

So sorry you have to deal with that. Not fun... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

shawna W.
on 2/23/14 4:01 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

thank you, im sorry you get sick off narcotics too :( 

Needanewbeginning
on 2/23/14 1:26 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

So sorry to hear your not doing well. I hope things improve for ya soon.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics