help protein issues

Nijaz79
on 2/20/14 2:50 am

my taste buds have changed and i cant stand the protein drinks. everything is sickning sweet. can anyone suggest an alternative to the sweet protein drinks? oh i should let you know that i am 2 months post op.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/14 2:54 am

I mixed mine in strong decaf coffee, mixed 50-50 with unflavored.  I also used chicken flavored proteins supplement..

But - at 2 months out - you should be able to get a lot of proteins from food.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/20/14 3:00 am - OH

Unjury chicken soup protein powder is a food option.  (the sodium content is pretty high, though.)  you can also try adding unflavored (NOT tasteless) protein powder in small amounts to soft foods.

how many protein drinks do you rely on per day?  At two months out, if you make a concerted effort you should be able to get the protein you need from food alone if you truly cannot stand any protein supplements.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 2/20/14 3:10 am - OH

An alternative to protein drinks?  Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, tofu, veggie burgers, meat, poultry, seafood, eggs...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Heather D.
on 2/20/14 3:56 am

Nectar protein. The chocolates and vanillas ou there were way too sweet for me but some of the Nectars (cherry and grape) are tart enough when mixed with crystal light lemonade. 

Everyones tastes are different. I can do coffee or lattes but the second I add a protein powder, it's undrinkable to me. I have isopure Dutch chocolate that I can make into a hot chocolate once in a while. 

Good luck!!

Kathy C.
on 2/21/14 12:58 am - Burnt River, Canada
RNY on 04/12/13

My first relevation was to mix unflavoured protein powder with milk and use is as my coffee creamer - that worked awesome and I still enjoy it however I have discovered at 10 months out (yes it took me a long time to think of or try this, not sure why) mixing 1/2 unflavoured with 1/2 flavoured and adding milk really helps with the "too sweet" issue.  Sometimes I wonder if my taste bud continue to change and what I like one day, week, month, may not I know most probably don't still drink the protein drink at 10 months out but it is my security blanket.  I drink one every morning just as a security/comfort thing to always know I will get in enough protein.  Hang in there - taste buds to get better with time.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics