Amazing visit to my PCP

KatBee
on 2/19/14 10:43 am

Today I went to see my Primary Dr. to start laying the ground work hoping I can get my insurance to pay for plastic surgery. I wasn't sure if I was going to lie saying I have back pain & all the other symptoms I found online for a tummy tuck. In the end I decided to be honest.

here's how it went

Dr - so what are you here for

me - I want to start laying the ground work to see if my insurance will cover plastic surgery

Dr - ABSOLUTELY, You deserve this! You have done fantastic & I will do anything I can to help you.

I can honestly say that was not the response I expected from her but I makes me love her even more then I did before. :-)

gabby169kitty
on 2/19/14 10:49 am

Awesome PCP!!!!  Having a great PCP who backs you up 100% and who you feel connected with is not easy to find. Too many people settle for so-so. I have a really really good PCP too, I can talk about anything and trust her to give me an honest answer.  She's seen me through some really hard times and will do anything she can do to help me.

poet_kelly
on 2/19/14 10:50 am - OH

How wonderful!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ocalasam
on 2/19/14 9:06 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

That's awesome!  My PCP has been my biggest cheerleader for my WLS.  She gets so excited when she sees me, which isn't often, so she sees dramatic results.  I actually look forward to seeing her!

pathchic
on 2/19/14 10:22 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Great post!

marymo362
on 2/19/14 10:39 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

WOW! isn't it refreshing to be so honored and respected?! I think my PCP is like this as well, so will look forward to this conversation in the future.

Best to you!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 297 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?