Update!

Samantha Lightner
on 2/13/14 2:07 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with

Hey everyone! I haven't updated for quite sometime. I hadn't had a computer until my wonderful boyfriend decided to buy me a new laptop for Valentines day. So Sweet. I just wanted to give everyone an update of where I am physically, emotionally etc. I will start everyone out with my numbers! My highest weight recorded was on June 20th, 2013. That day I weighed 259lbs. I had surgery on July 30th 2013 and that day I weighed 237lbs after doing the 2 week liquid diet and losing some weight prior to surgery. The last time I checked in, which was in September I weighed 211lbs. From what I can remember I was pretty ecstatic to weigh that! Today, I am happy to report that I weigh 179lbs!!! That means my BMI is 29.5 which means I am no longer OBESE! YAY! It's a great feeling. Mentally, I am amazing. Physically I feel great, but could be doing more workouts to tone my new body! That's in my near future. Food wise, I have my days! But the difference between now and then is I don't go off track and stay there! If I go off track, I quickly convert back to good eating habits and catch myself before letting things get out of control. I LOVE the fact that I was 19 years old and decided to have the surgery. It was one of my first "adult" decisions and I can say I wouldn't change it for the whole world. It hasn't been peaches and cream but the bad times are 100X better then being 259lbs again in my body frame. I hope everyone is doing amazing and I will post before and during pictures soon! I am 39lbs away from goal and a total of 80lbs down. God Bless.

E R.
on 2/13/14 2:23 pm - Switzerland

Thank you for sharing. It amazes me that a 19 year could make such a " mature" decision and handle it so well. Well done on your weight loss and the way you handle your new life!

RNY:  4 June 2013

Ocalasam
on 2/13/14 9:45 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Wow!  Way to go!  I wish I had done it sooner. . . your body will probably bounce back a lot better than my 39 year old body has. . . although, I'm looking pretty good these days!!!

karenp8
on 2/13/14 11:40 pm - Brighton, IL

You sound like an amazingly mature young woman! Congratulations on your great weight loss. I wish I had had my surgery sooner as I waited until I was 52 and obese my whole life. I feel so much better down 135 pounds!

tdbull
on 2/14/14 1:51 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
What a great post. For 19, you appear very mature and ready to take on this lifelong journey. I only wish that I made this decision many years ago, but as the saying goes, It's never too late...
Congrats on your tremendous success.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 268 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 317 views