waiting...

crys1216
on 1/22/14 12:19 am - Conway, SC

I feel like I have been waiting forever to hear back from the insurance. In reality it has only been like a week. Anyone else pace the floor and look at your phone every 10 minutes waiting for the call? indecisionI think this is the most stressful part of the whole process. You go through all the appointments just to submit to insurance and then, you wait... and wait... and wait. I guess I just want instant gratification! lol 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/22/14 1:00 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM Pacific Time, crys1216 wrote:

I feel like I have been waiting forever to hear back from the insurance. In reality it has only been like a week. Anyone else pace the floor and look at your phone every 10 minutes waiting for the call? indecisionI think this is the most stressful part of the whole process. You go through all the appointments just to submit to insurance and then, you wait... and wait... and wait. I guess I just want instant gratification! lol 

I was overly confident that I would be approved, I guess, because I wanted to schedule a date before I even had approval, lol.

Do you know how long your company typically takes? Some, like BCBS in my area are much faster than others, like UHC which can be 3+ weeks. 

Your insurance coordinator with the surgeon should be able to give some insights on that.

Best wishes for getting a YES!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

The Salty Hag
on 1/22/14 1:50 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I was a nervous wreck when my packet was submitted for approval. I was convinced that I'd be denied or that I'd wait for weeks and weeks-and then be denied. 

I was approved in one business day. I was floored! Happy, but floored nonetheless. 

Hope your approval comes soooooon! ( like now! )

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

KevinBacon
on 1/22/14 2:07 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I don't have to be approved but I have to wait until my doctor puts my consult in with general surgery so I can make an appt to speak with a surgeon and hammer out the details of my procedure/get a surgery date. I am waiting. Not patiently either. I thought for sure it was my doctor calling about 20 minutes ago because the number was unavailable. I readied myself up "Okay Katie, this is it!" Nope. It was a survey for some car work we had done last week! 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

chulbert
on 1/22/14 2:11 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I didn't even get a call.  At my surgeon's office, you do months of pre-work before you even meet him.  Then you finally have your consult where you decide on a specific procedure and they actually schedule it for a few weeks later.  During that time they submit your paperwork for approval and simply tell you, "No news is good news!"  :)

we3crews
on 1/22/14 1:08 pm

Sending some positive vibes for you! I am nervous already and they do not submit my final paperwor****il after my last nut visit in Feb. Hope you hear good news soon! 

jalivia2
on 1/22/14 1:56 pm - Spring, TX

I have been waiting for 24 LONG hours! :) I hope your approval comes very soon!

Grandmaneice
on 1/23/14 9:53 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I had to wait about 2 weeks to hear, since they submitted it right before Christmas and then the Monday after New a Years we got a bad snow storm and we had no mail for 2 days.  Good luck !

mcraedublin
on 1/23/14 10:04 am - GA
My packet was submitted this past Tuesday. This waiting is pure torture!!!! I can hardly stand it. The coordinator told me to call the insurance company if I have heard from my physician's office by Wednesday. I am hopping to hear something by tomorrow.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 349 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics