Is this normal?

mama2418
on 1/16/14 9:34 am
RNY on 02/13/14

I am having my RNY surgery February 13. I was looking in my closet and looked at some of my favorite summer cloths and thought I won't ever get you to wear you again lol I felt kind of sad. Maybe Im just crazy but I have been overweight for so long, I feel kind of of nervous about the changes in my life.

poet_kelly
on 1/16/14 9:44 am - OH

I think it's very normal.  A lot of people have a hard time getting rid of their big clothes.  What I suggest is finding them a really good home to go to.  Like, battered women's shelters often take donations of clothing because women often have to leave their home without getting to pack up all their stuff.  Give the clothes to someone that really needs them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pathchic
on 1/16/14 9:48 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Great idea

Kdiva
on 1/16/14 11:02 am - Margate, FL
That's a great idea. Ive pondered what to do with my clothes after I cant wear them. It would be such a great honor to be able to help people at such a time of transition. Thanks so much for sharing.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 9:46 am

I think I understand.   It is so hard to find things that fit and look good you bond with them.  I just recently got the best pair of jeans I have ever had, I have thought about ordering them in smaller sizes.... 

I am trying to remind myself that once I loose weight I will be able to shop in what I call normal people stores and it will be a new and exiting world with more choices than I have had in the last 15-20 years.  

pathchic
on 1/16/14 9:56 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

You are not alone...

I loved a lot of my fat clothes.  BUT, I also have loved shopping for new stuff.  And I know that, somewhere, a plus sized woman got stuff from Goodwill and will look awesome for her job interview and who knows? That may change her life too!,

PetHairMagnet
on 1/16/14 10:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM Pacific Time, mama2418 wrote:

I am having my RNY surgery February 13. I was looking in my closet and looked at some of my favorite summer cloths and thought I won't ever get you to wear you again lol I felt kind of sad. Maybe Im just crazy but I have been overweight for so long, I feel kind of of nervous about the changes in my life.

I had a pretty awesome wardrobe even at my highest weight. Don't miss the clothes at all, LOVING the new ones that are MUCH cuter and I look MUCH cuter in and enjoy 100000% more!

Don't find an excuse in old clothes...move on! I had been overweight for all my 46 years and not a bit of nervous feelings at any point. Too excited about the changes I so very much desired. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Sherrie P.
on 1/16/14 10:51 am
RNY on 02/06/13

You may think you will miss them... but I promise, when they are three sizes too big -- you won't give them another thought!!

I kept the next size up - out of some weird re-gain paranoia.  Now I am boxing up 12's ... I gave mine away to friends, donated to Goodwill, gave some to the church and sold some at my local consignment store for credit!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

selhard
on 1/16/14 10:52 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

When in a department store, I find a weird sense of comfort walking through the plus-size section even though I used to wear sizes too big to even shop in stores (catalog order only).  But not weird enough to wish I was wearing those sizes again!!!

leslie14
on 1/16/14 11:29 am

I am 3.5 months out, and have given away 7 of those big 30 gallon leaf trash bags of clothing to a homeless shelter that has a clothing room.  I really didn't think I was at all sentimental about my clothing, but going through my closet was a trip down memory lane.  However I am happy to be able to donate the clothing, and am thrilled it doesn't fit any more and I can wear clothes without a W by the number now!  I do feel it is  important to get rid of them. I don't want there to be a point where I gain some weight and there are still old comfy pants that are left in my closet to slip on.  Good luck on your surgery!

Surgery 10/1/2013  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views