Joined a gym today :)

moonandstarzz
on 1/7/14 10:36 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Well surgery was 12-18-13 and i went to my late 2 wk checkup today, dr dont want me doing my zumba yet cause it uses alot of ab muscles, so I went and joined a gym today...I did 20 mins on the treadmill @3mph ( its better than nothing) and then did some arm and leg weights...I was in regular street clothes and shoes that ended up hurting my feet but I pushed to atleast get 20 mins cardio.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/7/14 10:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Why did you not go in proper attire and footwear?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

moonandstarzz
on 1/7/14 10:55 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Cause I was going to check out the gym ( i wasnt a member) and decided to sign up while I was there and then decided to work out (if i had drove back across town to change clothes and shoes in the freezing cold I would have ended up staying home) I had one a tshirt, jeans, and some tennis shoes (but the shoes rubbed the balls of my feet so they hurt now).

BWB
on 1/7/14 11:16 am

Good for you.  The gym is my get out of jail card.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/7/14 12:27 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM Pacific Time, moonandstarzz wrote:

Cause I was going to check out the gym ( i wasnt a member) and decided to sign up while I was there and then decided to work out (if i had drove back across town to change clothes and shoes in the freezing cold I would have ended up staying home) I had one a tshirt, jeans, and some tennis shoes (but the shoes rubbed the balls of my feet so they hurt now).

Ah! Makes perfect sense! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

jageneva
on 1/7/14 11:56 am
I joined a gym today too. Felt good. Congrats
Karen R.
on 1/7/14 5:37 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Congratulations!  Check with your doc though about any weight work.  I was told not to do anything with weights until I was 90 days out.  I know some people have posted that they had to wait 60 days.  I realize everyone's plans are different, but from what I've seen initially it's most common to be told to either swim or walk, not do anything that may engage your core.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

moonandstarzz
on 1/8/14 3:14 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Yea he said not to do an ab exercises, i didnt think nothing about having to use your abs when doing legs and arms lol. I dont know how to get started, I know I need cardio, and i need to strengthen my thigh muscles, but i have really bad knees (needing replacement surgery) but Im determined to do exercise. any suggestions. I did 20 mins on the treadmill at 3mph and my sb got up to the 180s

Karen R.
on 1/8/14 11:02 am
RNY on 04/14/13

I'm not an expert, but I've been working out with a personal trainer for about five months.  When you're lifting and pushing against weights, you're typically engaging your core or ab muscles to a degree.  That's why in general doctors tell you not to lift more than 5-10 lbs (I've heard 5 pounds, but my doc said 10) for a certain period of time after surgery.  Just please be safe and check with your physician.  You wouldn't want to hurt yourself.  The treadmill is a great way to start.  It worked for me.  :-)

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

moonandstarzz
on 1/8/14 11:16 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Im gonna meet with a trainer tomorrow and get a routin of what to do im gonna tellher that im not suppose to engage my abs right now for atleast 3 more wks (that would be almost 7 wks out so i would think would be fine)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views