4 day post - fullness question

southernpeachnc
on 1/6/14 7:35 am

Surgery went very well and have been trying to get in the protein and fluids.  Here's my question.  I don't yet know the sensation of fullness but have been trying to slowly take in my fluids which can include protein powder.  I find that afterwards I do have a sensation of fullness in my abdominal area at and around my navel area.  I think of this area as being the intestinal area.  I don't want to over do the liquid to fast or damage my pouch.  Is this a normal feeling.  My abdomin feels extended which I assume swelling from the surgery.  Any response would be a relief???

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

poet_kelly
on 1/6/14 7:46 am - OH

You cannot damage your pouch by drinking fast.  However, you should not drink so fast that it causes discomfort.  Just drink in whatever way feels comfortable to you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

karenp8
on 1/6/14 7:49 am - Brighton, IL

You won't really have a sensation of fullness yet because nerves are cut during surgery. That's why measuring your food when you begin to eat is so important. You can't hurt anything by drinking too fast because liquids just go through like a funnel.When you feel fullness it is up higher in your chest where your new pouch is located. Probably what you are experiencing is swelling from the surgeRy. I promise it all gets a bit easier every day and you will do great. Hope this helps!

southernpeachnc
on 1/6/14 8:00 am

What a relief!  It's so nice to come here and get first hand knowledge of certain problems.  Now I understand and will make corrections and wont worry.  Thank you!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Most Active
Recent Topics