Not able to eat again!!

TattooMammaRN
on 12/28/13 8:29 am

I had my surgery on 10/30/2013.  9 1/2 weeks post op.  Eating was slow in the beginning, but then for a few weeks there I was doing great.  Now for the last few weeks I am having trouble again.  I feel hungry, but after I eat I just get nauseous.  This is making it very difficult to get down the vitamins, since I have been instructed to take them with food.  And I am getting no where near the required amount of protein in!! What should I do?????

poet_kelly
on 12/28/13 10:36 am - OH

Call your surgeon and ask them to call in a script for something for nausea for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/28/13 1:52 pm, edited 12/28/13 1:52 pm

2-4 months after surgery there nerves that had been cut heal and the pouch area can feel again. I noticed that after a couple months i really started feeling full and my pouch did not like that.  I had nausea specially in the mornings.    What helped me was warm drinks (warm herbal teas) first thing am.  A few months later my GB got inflamed and had to come out. My doc thought that the healing of the nerves and GB issue contributed to my daily nausea. 

Best herbal tea for my nausea was ginger tea. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TattooMammaRN
on 12/28/13 7:55 pm

Thanks, at this point I am willing to try anything. 

PetHairMagnet
on 12/28/13 8:54 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

2-4 months after surgery there nerves that had been cut heal and the pouch area can feel again. I noticed that after a couple months i really started feeling full and my pouch did not like that.  I had nausea specially in the mornings.    What helped me was warm drinks (warm herbal teas) first thing am.  A few months later my GB got inflamed and had to come out. My doc thought that the healing of the nerves and GB issue contributed to my daily nausea. 

Best herbal tea for my nausea was ginger tea. 

I drink ginger tea almost daily, it is pretty rare I do not have it. A warm drink like tea or coffee is critical in the morning for me!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

pathchic
on 12/29/13 1:19 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Peppermint tea is really good too- I used that throughout pregnancy morning sickness, was a godsend-

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/29/13 5:14 am - OH

Are you taking all chewable vitamins?  If not, how are you taking them with food without drinking something?  I have heard of people who ignore the "no drinking with meals" rule getting nauseous, but I'm not sure why that causes nausea. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 237 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views