Ulcer and Other Health Issues

snowball24life
on 12/8/13 3:24 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Long story short, the past three weeks I have been having stomach pain regardless if I was eating or not. I finally got in to see my Doctor and they admitted me into the Hospital. While I was there for 2 days they found I have a Peptic Ulcer. Caused by H. Pylori (I guess the antibiotics did not clear it before my RNY) and compounded by stress. So I am now on many different medications to try and heal it. Still kind of scared to eat as most everything hurts going down...

On top of that I have to go this week to find out the results of my Kidney problems and stones. I know my Kidney Doctor is going to want to put me on a special diet to try and prevent future stones, but I also don't know if that kind of diet will be ok with having an Ulcer as there are some foods I cannot have... So I am nervous about that..

I also go in for Spinal Injections the 17th and 24th of this month.. Just needed to vent.. However, if anyone has any suggestions as to what kinds of food might be good for an Ulcer, I would greatly appreciate it. When released the Doctors just told me no acidic foods, and eat as tolerated..

cajungirl
on 12/8/13 4:14 am

You do want to stay away from acidic foods. Go back through the past couple of days of post someone posted a good response to someone else asking about food types. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

snowball24life
on 12/8/13 4:24 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you! I will do that!

Jen Lyn
on 12/8/13 6:34 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I am sorry you have such a mess to deal with.  It is miserable to have an ulcer.  I wish you well and hope the meds finally get it resolved.

Bibo
on 12/8/13 9:43 am

Sorry to hear....when I had my ulcer I had to stick to low acid food and use milk/cheese sparingly cause it would cause hecka constipation..those bottles of isopure were a godsend...as were sugar free popsicles, and beef broth, and turkey meatballs...and jello...no citrus, no food with acid....every now and then I had like one bite (no more) of potato or rice, I could eat tuna fish and swordfish okay...no spicy food, easy on onions....you will know pretty quick what is going to work and what isn't . Idk how much protein you can have with kidney stuff...I made popsicles out of those isopure drinks.....main thing is not to get dehydrated.

mzlaura
on 12/8/13 11:08 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

I also have an ulcer, a herniated disc so i have also been getting injections, and my thyroid has been off quite a bit since surgery so i understand what your going through it sucks.. not only can i barely eat but i dump too so like everything makes me sick and i have nausea from he!! literally. how have you been doing?

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 179 views
What's on your Monday Menu?