Horrible nightmare about surger

lmcintyre85
on 12/8/13 11:57 pm
VSG on 01/15/14

My RNY is scheduled for January 15 with Dr. Sasse and last night I had a horrible horrible dream about surgery. There was a lady scheduled for surgery before me and our Dr. wasn't Dr. Sasse...anyway she went in for surgery and as they were doing her surgery nurses came in to start an iv etc on me. Well first of all they couldn't get the iv in, they just left it and it would fall out. Then the Dr. came in and said he would place the iv and did but it still fell out. My surgery was scheduled at 8am so the dismissed my husband to wait in the waiting area. Well at 9am I heard the nurses talking and saying that the lady that had surgery before me had passed away. OMG I started to panic, but they already started to give me some kind of drugs to knock me out and for some reason I couldn't speak. Then I woke up.....

Isn't hat horrible!!!!

lmcintyre85
on 12/9/13 12:00 am
VSG on 01/15/14

I just re read my message, and noticed my horrible spelling...sorry everybody.

laura343
on 12/9/13 12:42 am

Just jitters...  All will be fine.  Sometimes our dreams are just a reflection of our fears.  Hold tight!!!

Stacy Sikes
on 12/9/13 2:07 am - OR
Yes that is a horrible dream. Sounds like major jitters. I can tell you that my experience was good. They did have a hard time with the IV but finally got it taken care of and it was great. While I was waiting, I met everyone that would be helping with my surgery. My surgeon came in, her assistant came in. I met the anesthesiologist and his assistant. I even met my OR nurse. It was really great to see the faces of people who would be doing the surgery. I never had any scary dreams before hand, but I do know I was nervous. Just hang in there. Don't panic!

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

Cunning_Pam
on 12/9/13 3:05 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I have also had terrible nightmares about my upcoming surgery, so I sympathize. I won't get too descriptive, but in my nightmares, *I'm* the one who dies! When I wake up I have to remind myself that it was just a dream; just my brain's way of working out its anxieties and fears. I do some deep breathing exercises, and all is well.  I've had a history of anxiety, so I'm not too surprised by this, but it's still unpleasant.  Just remember that it's only your subconscious being a drama llama and blowing up some perfectly rational feelings into a full-blown nightmare.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 3:44 am

So sorry about the bad dreams...both of you. That must be scary to wake up and have to shake that off. 

How about this, all of us pre-ops believe that the old struggles of being overweight is what will die and our brand new life will live on? Does that help?

Hiugs!

Cunning_Pam
on 12/9/13 5:48 am
RNY on 12/18/13

That's an excellent way to think about it, nyry! Talk about turning something on its head to find the silver lining, or something like that. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Bibo
on 12/9/13 7:29 am

My thoughts exactly....also I had nightmares when I quit eating sugar, as a pre-op...woke up not sure If i had eaten something I wasn't supposed to, or if it was a dream...made me grateful that it's only a dream...your new life awaits...good luck, and hope you sleep better tonight!

Most Active
Recent Topics