I may never hit ONE-DER-LAND!

mzlaura
on 12/5/13 7:49 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

I started at my highest of 401 in April 2011. Here we are 9 months post-op today and i am 217 lbs day of surgery i was 297. I think i am officially the SLOWEST loser ever! I want to hit one-der-land so bad. I don't remember the last time i ever weighed in the 100's that's how long it has been. I am 219 as of this morning i cannot understand how i gained 2 lbs?? I am not eating much unless you count weigh****chers ice cream.. i have a hard time getting down actual food with my ulcer. In the meantime i am being called skinny and i know people are just saying it to be nice. I am not skinny i am still obese. Will i ever get out of the 200's? I am 9 months post-op and time is running out for me. I am not happy where i am at.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

poet_kelly
on 12/5/13 8:27 am - OH

What do you mean time is running out for you?  Many people continue losing for 18 months or more.  I think it's quite likely you'll get out of the 200's.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

angeleigh
on 12/5/13 8:32 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

You still have plenty of time to lose more weight. Heck I am 15 months post op and still losing weight, I pasted my goal weight at 11 months or so. Just keep following your plan, eat your protein, drink your water. That Ice cream might not be the best thing to be eating. How many calories are you eating in a day?  From the ones I have seen they have anywhere from 100 calories to 200 calories per serving, and any where from 8g to 15 grams of sugar. To me that just isnt worth the calories, or the sugar!

What about protein shakes? protein pudding? Greek yogurt, anything other then ice cream. Milk and other dairy products, such as yogurt, coat the lining of the stomach. Because this seems to sooth the ulcer, many believe that drinking milk is one way to help cure an ulcer. On the contrary, milk stimulates the stomach to increase acid production, leading to an increase in ulcer irritation. If you have an ulcer, you should refrain from drinking milk and eating other dairy products as it can delay the healing of your ulcer.

Caffeine also stimulates acid production in the stomach and can, therefore, irritate your ulcer symptoms. To promote ulcer healing, refrain from eating and drinking foods and beverages that contain caffeine.

Eating a diet rich in fiber promotes a healthy digestive tract and can help reduce the risk of developing an ulcer and promote healing of an active ulcer. To consume a high fiber diet, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. The National Institutes of Medicine Food and Nutrition Board recommends adult men consume 30 to 38 g of fiber and adult women consume 21 to 25 g of fiber per day, depending on age, for a healthy digestive system and to reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.

List of foods that are better to eat:

Cabbage
Cabbage juice
Potatoes, mashed or baked
Celery
Kale
Salad greens
Apples
Bananas
Berries
Cranberries
Grapes
Kiwi
Melons
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Wood apples
Milk
Legumes
Beans
Soy products
Tofu
Lean meat
Poultry
Seafood Oatmeal

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/5/13 12:01 pm - OH

EXCELLENT response!  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jen Lyn
on 12/5/13 9:22 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I would feel exactly as you do.  I hope tomorrow some vets can give you some great advice.

I do know that my friend didn't stop losing until 2 years and she was trying not to lose anymore at 18 months. 

karin602
on 12/5/13 9:25 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

look at how far you have come!!! think back to the basics and do what you were doing, you have shown the determination and now you may have to dig a little deeper to get to your finish line, think of yourself as a marathon racer and how they have to find the inner strength to get to the end! b Myfitnesspal.com helps me track calories, carbs, protein as well as exercise if you haven't tried it yet take a look and it may help. you may find some hidden cals you had't thought of.  good luck and we'll be seeing you posting that you made it to onederland!

Karin

alaskasusan
on 12/5/13 10:57 am, edited 12/5/13 10:57 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Don't let the speed (or lack thereof) of your weight loss discourage you! I too am an extremely slow loser.  I was at 247 on surgery day, will be 10 months on 12/11 and have only lost (since surgery) 82 pounds in those 10 months.  Part of it's my age, part is due to so much yo-yo dieting, part is high stress, and part is it's just going to take me a little longer but I will get there, and so will you if you just keep on keeping on!  I had a two-month plateau that about drove me batty but it did eventually break.  I'm sure I'll have another but just keep going. As others have suggested, track your food, cut back on carbs and calories, drink your water, take your vitamins, maybe change up the exercise. You got this!!

pamkb
on 12/5/13 11:19 am - Crestview, FL
I understand you are frustrated but please don't get discouraged and just keeping working your plan - following the rules.

3 years, I too felt like I qualified for 'slowest loser' award as did about every 3rd person who posted. We all achieved success at very different rates. You are no different. I continued losing slowly & consistently for about 19 months.

Hang in there & work your plan!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

mzlaura
on 12/5/13 11:33 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

Thanks everyone. Due to my herniated disc in my back exercise has been pretty non-existant. Also lately i have been eating lots of ice cream which equals carbs and empty calories i need to stop it but it's one of the only things i can get down without a ton of pain with the ulcer. I am still bouncing up and down with a 2-3 lb gain the last 5 days or so. I know it's not a true gain even with the ice cream i am not over 1,000 calories.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Laura in Texas
on 12/5/13 10:01 pm

You lost over 100 pounds pre-op. Many people who have big losses pre-op seem to lose slower post-op. Celebrate your success so far and keep doing what you need to do to get healthier and stay healthier. You will get below 200. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?