Nerves

jamienichols22
on 11/29/13 2:23 pm - MI

I am starting to get very very nervous!! 17 days till surgery and I am already very excited but scared more than anything. Can't wait to have it done and be on the losers bench 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

TurnThePage
on 11/29/13 2:46 pm

No need to be scared. It will be over and you'll be waking up in your room before you know it.

You'll be just fine!

jamienichols22
on 11/29/13 2:48 pm - MI

Thanks! I have been very excited until I realized it's so close. 

Jamie Nichols

TurnThePage
on 11/29/13 3:23 pm

Jamie, just stay focused on how wonderful you will feel when you know you have finally taken control of your weight and your life. It is the most amazing high!  It's not an easy path, but when things come up, you just have to remember they are merely speed bumps in the road to good health and greater happiness.  Then motor right over them like you would a speed bump in the road. The only thing you have to worry about is getting yourself to the hospital on surgery day, then let the pros take over and do what they do best!  This is just like having pre-wedding jitters--you just get fewer flowers the day the deed is done!

Take care!

Dottie_Denver
on 11/29/13 6:13 pm - CO
RNY on 12/03/13 with
Hi Jamie :) Me too, 3 days till surgery for me & the nervousness hasn't decreased. Been trying to make good use of my time by cleaning my house for holidays cuz a clean house will ensure for me a less stressful after surgery period. Got dogs groomed, carpets washed, kitchen cabinets scrubbed etc :) I guess it just makes me feel like I'm doing something worth wild while waiting. Time will fly~
Bibo
on 11/29/13 10:07 pm

THat's what I did too, was a lot of deep housecleaning, and shopping...stocked up on toilet paper, etc...before the surgery...I did not feel like doing any of that for a couple of weeks..and I felt so much more efficient afterwards..and nice to come home to a super sparkly clean house...just anything to take my mind off the jumblies...I even bought a couple outfits in the next smaller size down, cause i needed them before I was really ready to shop...especially undies!  O man, that was annoying!  I only bought three pairs, cause I wasn't really sure that I would lose the weight, right, and here I was having to wash clothes every third day cause i couldn't stand the large undies....LOL....stay busy, the time will fly...good luck

jamienichols22
on 11/29/13 10:13 pm - MI

Thanks everyone! I have had my date since October so I have been stocking up as well :) I am packing bags and getting things together for hubby and daughter so they will have everything in their room. I knocked Christmas out yesterday while I felt like doing anything ;) Now we just have to wait for Santa Claus at our house 

Jamie Nichols

Dottie_Denver
on 11/30/13 2:21 am - CO
RNY on 12/03/13 with
Aww you are way more prepared for holidays then me then. My plan for after surgery is to do as I should walking as much as I can etc but also knitting Xmas gifts. Omg, underwear.. maybe I should buy some this weekend. Already having trouble with clothes falling off from losing presurgey weight. I've been hesitant to buy any clothing. I considered today buying a belt. I guess safety pins might be my new best friend :p
karenp8
on 11/30/13 4:20 am - Brighton, IL

I bought one of the belts with holes all long it so it could last for a long time. You will all do just fine and be losing weight like crazy before yOu know it!

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/13 9:36 am - WI

I went out today and bought running pants with draw strings, lol. At least get me through the winter here in Wisconsin. I am with you on the nerves, my surgery is Tuesday! I know this is for me and I am so ready. I decorated for Christmas, but figured a couple of weeks after surgery, I would do my Christmas shopping. My doctor is a stickler for walking! I wish you luck with your surgery!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 194 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 123 views
Recent Topics