Protein type

jamienichols22
on 11/25/13 10:27 am - MI

Yes they sell they Unjury and make us purchase three tubs for our two weeks pre-op diet. They also made us pay for a "blue book" which tells all the things we can eat in the different stages which I didn't think was right either and tried to say that we had to purchase BA brand vitamins!! Thank you for that because I have a friend in which they also told this too!!

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/25/13 10:46 am - OH

Yes, they are telling you lies in order to convince you to buy the products that they get a kickback on.  (I personally happen to like Unjury, but that was based on taste and texture as well as content.)

You also do NOT need the special "bariatric"  -- which means "expensive"! -- BA (or Celebrate, or any other brand) vitamins. Centrum chewables (or even generic  versions) are fine for multivitamins, and you can get other brands of B12, etc. at a much lower cost.  Here is it high truly "special" about the BA vitamins (and their sublingual B12 takes forever to dissolve!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 11/25/13 11:06 am - OH

Yep, they are giving you incorrect info in order to coerce you into buying products from them.  That is highly unethical.  I suggest you complain.  A lot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TurnThePage
on 11/25/13 12:02 pm

What I read in the original post is that her doctor said we absorb whey protein isolate BETTER,  which is consistent with my readings elsewhere.  More protein per oz of drink, as opposed to whey protein.  If the isolate form is better absorbed, that means that 60g of one is not equally to 60g of the other.  You get more protein that your body can actually use by buying the better product--more bang for your buck, so to speak. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 313 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 51 views
Recent Topics