Seeds again...

BigTMoe
on 11/19/13 9:05 am

So I had to call my RN today for something else, so while I had her on the phone I said, "I realize that I'm not supposed to have seeds right now, such as strawberries in my protein shake, but when do you think I can add them?"  And she said "It shouldn't be a problem- you can have them now."  I was dumbfounded.  After everything I heard from everywhere else, I just figured I couldn't have them either!  I'm torn-- I don't want to risk it, but why would she tell me I could?  This is where it gets confusing because I don't always know what to believe--  

BigTMoe

PetHairMagnet
on 11/19/13 9:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13

RN for your surgeon or for your PCP? 

I think I would wait until you see your surgeon and confirm with them personally. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

BigTMoe
on 11/19/13 9:40 am

RN for my surgeon-- I'm just not ready to risk it yet though-- I'm going for a check next week so I think I'll just wait and ask again-- wouldn't you?

BigTMoe

Day_dream_believer
on 11/19/13 9:38 am

I think seeds really depend on the surgeon.  I wasn't allowed them because they might get caught in the staple line.  I have read other surgeons don't have a problem with seeds and many people eat them early out.  If you are concerned then wait.

MrsLitch
on 11/19/13 10:35 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Does it mention seeds in your dietary guideline they gave you? Does it mention fruits like strawberries in it? I'd go by what they gave me on paper until I spoke with a doctor. As you know all of our plans are very different so you can't go by what you see on here. I wasn't allowed any fruit until 4 months but my diet is far more restricted than most on here that I've seen.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 282 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views