help

sherryhall62
on 11/18/13 11:34 pm - MI

I need help ..had surgery 2007 and have gained 70 pounds back ..dont even no how to start ..I went back to dr and thay just recomended a back on track progran

as far as i can see its all about money !! thay want me to buy all there food while thay monitor my yes I will see a dietision and thereopest but seems like I could do somthing else

any info would be appreciated dont no what to do !!

poet_kelly
on 11/18/13 11:36 pm - OH

Well, a dietician should help you develop a meal plan.  Do you know about how many calories you eat in a typical day?  If you're not sure, I would start by tracking your calories for a while.  Do you exercise much?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bluesfan
on 11/18/13 11:50 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

Sherry   I am new to WLS myself, but perhaps going back to a pre-op diet might help.  Perhaps 3 protein shakes a day, a salad with protein and plenty of fluids.  No carbs or sugar products probably be best.  Doing this may jump start your desired weight loss.  Seeing a dietician as poet kelly suggested would probably be best.  Good luck !...........David

Ocalasam
on 11/19/13 12:01 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I agree with Kelly.  It's all about calories consumed vs. calories consumed at this point.  Track your calories.....every bite for a few days just to see where you are.  A dietician/nutritionist should be able to tell you how many calories you need in a day to loose weight.  Try using a program like Myfitnesspal.  It is so easy to use.  I also think a "back to basics" approach is best.  I wouldn't buy any specialty foods - but just high protein (at least 70g),low carb, lots of water, exercise - the same thing you should have done to loose the weight initially.

poet_kelly
on 11/19/13 12:35 am - OH

Veggies will be your friend here, too, because you can eat more now than you could right after surgery.  Veggies, including raw veggies like in a salad, will help fill you up with very few calories.  The fiber in them helps you feel full and also helps prevent constipation.  Just make sure you aren't putting a lot of high calorie dressing or toppings on your salad.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mbear108
on 11/19/13 2:10 am

The website MyFitnessPal is an easy way to keep track of what you eat--has a big list of foods with nut. info right there.

Good Luck!

PetHairMagnet
on 11/19/13 2:39 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM Pacific Time, sherryhall62 wrote:

I need help ..had surgery 2007 and have gained 70 pounds back ..dont even no how to start ..I went back to dr and thay just recomended a back on track progran

as far as i can see its all about money !! thay want me to buy all there food while thay monitor my yes I will see a dietision and thereopest but seems like I could do somthing else

any info would be appreciated dont no what to do !!

I know at the surgeon's practice where I go, they ask you to make regular appts with the nutritionist if you gain beyond your goal for more than a month and to come up with a 'back to basics' plan but there is no product to buy, it is just getting you back on track and giving you a resource for meal strategies and such. 

I think there is even a forum here for those looking to lose significant regain.

Good luck to you!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics