Going to see my surgeon tomorrow

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/17/13 6:47 am - Stockton, CA

I'm so nervous and scared he is going to put me back in the hospital. I haven't been doing well these past 3-4 days. I can't hold anything in and no amount of nausea medicine is helping. Haven't really eaten, and I'm seeing spots and running into walls. I feel so weak all the time. My arms have been going tingly and numb and then I get sharp chest pain...that landed me in the icu when I was in the hospital last time. I really think I want to reverse my procedure bc I see no bright future. 

scoobyluvr1
on 11/17/13 7:09 am
RNY on 10/21/13
I dont say this to be smart but out of true concern. You have been through so much physically and emotionally. Not only do you need to get well physically so im glad you see your surgeon tomorrow. But are you seeing anyone for depression? I really think you need to seek some emotional help as well. You sound depressed.. which is understandable. I sure hope things turn around for you soon.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/17/13 7:11 am - Stockton, CA

I'm thinking about seeing someone for it I just don't want to go back on depression medication. 

PetHairMagnet
on 11/17/13 7:21 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM Pacific Time, lostinaparkinglot wrote:

I'm thinking about seeing someone for it I just don't want to go back on depression medication. 

So if you had a cardiac issue, would you not take those meds?

How about if you had diabetes, would you eschew insulin? 

Depression is a REAL ILLNESS and I don't understand why people don't want to take meds to get better because it is 'mental' and not 'medical'. It has an effect on the whole of you, which makes it medical in my book.

PLEASE do not resist medication that is there to help you. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/17/13 7:24 am - Stockton, CA

I'm going to talk to my surgeon see what he says and if he think I really need to be on it I will take it. 

scoobyluvr1
on 11/17/13 7:22 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Why not? If you were diabetic would you take your medicine? Or some other health condition. Depression is no different and sometimes you need meds to pull ahead of it. Please consider getting some help with this. Your whole outlook could change once you start feeling better. Start taking care of you!

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/17/13 7:25 am - Stockton, CA

Thanks for your advice I will truly consider it. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/13 7:52 am

I am so happy I am on meds for depression and anxiety.My life has changed with taking meds and going to Therapy.Therapy was one of the best things I have ever done.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/17/13 7:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, lostinaparkinglot wrote:

I'm so nervous and scared he is going to put me back in the hospital. I haven't been doing well these past 3-4 days. I can't hold anything in and no amount of nausea medicine is helping. Haven't really eaten, and I'm seeing spots and running into walls. I feel so weak all the time. My arms have been going tingly and numb and then I get sharp chest pain...that landed me in the icu when I was in the hospital last time. I really think I want to reverse my procedure bc I see no bright future. 

Personally, if I were going through all that, I would be INSISTING on being admitted and cared for.  I would not be scared of being in the hospital. What is your fear of being there? Do you not WANT to be better/healthier and get to the bottom of your issues?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/17/13 7:22 am - Stockton, CA

Last time I was in hospital I felt I didn't receive adequate care. I barely saw my surgeon and no one knew what to do for me. It was a very rough experience. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 290 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 296 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 287 views