Scar tissue

walkingbear36
on 11/10/13 11:25 am - Ferndale, MI
9 days after surgery back in hospital for surgery to breakup scar tissue. Is this common?

PetHairMagnet
on 11/10/13 11:29 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM Pacific Time, walkingbear36 wrote:
9 days after surgery back in hospital for surgery to breakup scar tissue. Is this common?
How much could have formed in 9 days?!?! My friend has to have it done after some extensive female related surgery, but that was months later. When a fellow PT patient had it done, it was years later. 9 days seems odd for scar tissue to me.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

walkingbear36
on 11/10/13 12:01 pm - Ferndale, MI
The surgeon agrees with you - said mine was aggressive. I hope that's all there is.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/10/13 1:26 pm - OH

Yeah, scar tissue building up enough to be problematic in only 9 days is EXTREMELY odd.  I would suggest that you ask for a copy of the surgical report from the hospital because something sounds fishy, and I think you need to be sure the surgeon is being honest with you about something so unusual!

What symptoms were you having that prompted the second surgery??

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MrsLitch
on 11/10/13 10:44 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I had to have it at 9 months out I can't imagine there being enough at 9 days. And the doctor told me I'd have more from the second surgery eventually, what does your doctor say about it building back up? Will you have to have a third surgery before one year?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

SkinnyScientist
on 11/11/13 9:23 am

I am glad your surgeon is keeping an eye on this.

At the patent office, in addition to stents, I examine other implants. Adhesions (i.e. pre-scar tissue) are an issue with any surgery, particularly hernia and back surgeries.

This is so common, that inventors are working on all sort of implantable, dissolving meshes to encourage cell growth without the new tissue improperly adhering to other tissues.

Sounds you got a vigilant surgeon!

Best wishes,

Most Active
Recent Topics