OT: Pain in my foot

jamienichols22
on 11/3/13 5:57 am - MI

So I have been having this severe pain in my left foot and even before I started working out. Went to the doctor and she ordered an xray of my foot on the side and the arch. They called and said that I have multiple bone spurs and that was causing all the pain. UGH I haven't stopped my workout routine but lordy it makes it so much harder to want to do it because I know it's going to hurt. She said they weren't bad enough to take out as of now and I am only on tramadol for pain. Tramadol has worked great until here recently and now it don't even touch the pain. Sorry Rant is over 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

netnay
on 11/3/13 6:19 am
RNY on 03/27/13
I am going through the same thing as you are. I have had issues with this for over a year in both of my feet ( at different times though). Tramadol doesn't even touch the pain for me. The only thing that seems to work is when I get the shots in my feet. This time though on top of the spurs it seems the doctor thinks I have plantar faciitis.
I hope you find some kind of relief for your pain.

'View

jamienichols22
on 11/3/13 6:51 am - MI
Thank you, I hope you find relief as well. Yeah I have to make an appointment with my primary to see where she wants to go from here.

Jamie Nichols

The Salty Hag
on 11/3/13 7:35 am
RNY on 05/20/13
Oh, man...I feel for you. I had a heel spur a few years ago. I was still working at the time and was on my feet for 5 or more hours all the time. ( plus I was 70 lbs heavier than now) I was in immense pain. I went on Mobic and it took care of the pain, but it's an anti-inflammatory. I can't imagine trying to manage that kind of pain without a good anti-inflammatory.
I hope you can find something that gives you relief!!
I would ice my heel when I got home from work, and my then boyfriend ( now hubs ) would give me a much needed foot massage.

Can you maybe do a stationary bike for your cardio to take the pressure off your foot somewhat?

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

scoobyluvr1
on 11/3/13 7:42 am
RNY on 10/21/13

(((Jamie)))   Sorry you are having pain.   I've had spurs in my feet for years.  for me though the pain has come and gone.   Sometimes it will flare up and be quite painful for a while then completely subside for months at a time.  Hang in there I do hope you will have relief soon. 

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

jamienichols22
on 11/3/13 7:46 am - MI
I hope that the pain goes away soon. It does come and go but lord when its here it is horrible. Lately its been more often and when I workout its the worse

Jamie Nichols

Catie780
on 11/4/13 3:18 am

I also discovered bone spurs in my feet and bad inflammation in ankle .the pain was so intense I was crying with every step. 

I went to my rheumatologist  and after X-ray he gave me two shots in ankle, lidocaine patches- huge and told me to ice every three hours n take it easy. That was Saturday and today the pain is gone. I am still a little stiff.  Not sure when I really should resume walking so I am taking the day off. For me the inflammation is directly related to carb n starch intake. Beans for protein for a number of days really did me in. Plus hours of walking onthursday - Halloween really hurt. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 349 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics