2 year surgiversary this month... 192 pounds lost... with pics!

aesposito
on 10/28/13 2:18 pm, edited 10/28/13 2:19 pm

Two years ago this week, I had RNY surgery.  192 pounds later, my life remains complicated but at least I am healthy enough to stand the ups and downs!

Before surgery...

And after surgery...

I am happy to entertain any questions about maintenance, although I don't have as much experience as some around here... and in fact I lost another few pounds in the past several months without meaning to, which isn't what I really wanted to do, but anyway, feel free to ask away...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

martitalinda
on 10/28/13 2:26 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an awesome transformation you look fabulous ... I hear you on being healthy enough to stand the ups and downs ... it makes the journey well worth it despite all the challenges... What an inspiring thread .. Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL pictures too....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

AwesomeForever
on 10/28/13 3:53 pm - Marlborough, MA

Congratulations. We had similar results in losing so much weight. I am now 66. I have traveled many times this year. I enjoy that I have lots of energy to keep up with the youngsters either my grandchildren or younger wls patients who I have met at conferences and conventions. How has your life changed since your surgery. My surgery was nearly 6 years ago on Jan. 3 2008. 

Continued good results and happy healthy life to you.

Linda

E R.
on 10/28/13 4:23 pm - Switzerland

Wow! You look amazing! Well done! What is your secret to success to maintain your weight loss?

RNY:  4 June 2013

aesposito
on 10/28/13 11:09 pm

I am pretty militant about carbs and sugar, especially sugar.  No bread, pasta, potatoes, starchy fruits/veggies, etc except in small amounts.  No desserts except for small amounts and special occasions. 

I am not scared of fat... I eat full-fat everything.  I eat a dozen times a day... I rarely sit down for a real meal.  I don't abuse poor Pouchy... when he says stop, I stop.  I do drink alcohol on occasion, one of my few vices (along with Diet Mountain Dew). 

I exercise... I walk, I bike.  I used to run, but my back can't take it anymore.  That is probably my biggest disappointment... that losing all this weight wasn't able to fix the abuse I had done to my back over the years.  I am currently dealing with sciatica so biking hurts... but walking is still a daily event.

I thought I had stopped around 158, but about a year and a half in my weight dropped again to 150.  Now I am hovering around 148.  My goal was 180... my face looks way too thin I think.

I am not saying this is right for everyone.  I am just saying it works for me.

Audrey

April M.
on 10/28/13 5:27 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

You look great!! Best wishes on your continuing journey ;)

Dukemom
on 10/28/13 8:09 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

Congratulations!!  You look fantastic and you look like you FEEL fantastic.  I am truly inspired by your story.

If I may be so rude, did you need plastic surgery after losing so much weight?  If so, what did you choose to have done?  (Feel free to ignore the question if you don't want to answer!)

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

aesposito
on 10/28/13 11:00 pm

I want to get "the girls" done next year, as they are quite droopy and it's hard to find bras that work. 

Other than that, I kinda lucked out in the skin department.  Heredity, a ton of exercise and a non-smoking lifestyle (I am told) helped my skin to snap back a bit.  I don't show anyone my upper thighs, I have a bit of a stomach flap, and my kids call my upper arms my "bat wings", but really they are not as bad as some I have seen... so no other major plastic surgery plans are in my future.

Audrey

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 8:57 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

That is just amazing-I would never know you are the same person!

CONGRATULATIONS on making such a great lifestyle change for you, for life!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Tryintogettheresoon
on 10/28/13 9:54 pm - Columbus, OH
RNY on 06/25/12

Awesome Job!!!! You look great! Keep up the Excellent Work!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views