Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Tristabelle
on 10/22/13 2:51 am

Let me first state that I've put in a call to my surgeon and I'm waiting for them to call me back but that was an hour ago and I'm impatient.  I had RNY in June of 2011 and maybe this isn't even related to it but it's all I can think of. I've been under a lot of stress this past month so I assumed that my inability to eat much was because of that. My stomach seemed so sensitive to everything and I've been pretty much surviving off of soft cheese and protein shakes and over the past month I've lost 10 pounds.  However over the past couple of days I can't even seem to tolerate liquids. I drank a half a cup of juice before bed last night and I spent the entire night curled up in a ball, belching every minute and crying because of how severe the pain is.  I can keep things down ok but I experience pain about three inches above my belly button and along with the pain there is a heck of a lot of belching.ou mi

Thanks for any input you might have. Hopefully my surgeons nurse calls me back soon.

poet_kelly
on 10/22/13 2:59 am - OH

Ulcer maybe?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

amazingly_new_amy
on 10/22/13 4:11 am - NC

Do you still have your gall bladder?

Tristabelle
on 10/22/13 4:17 am
Yes i do.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the surgeon so I made a list of everything I can think of that's been happening. I forgot to include in my original post that I has the foamies hours after the juice and earlier that day I had tried to eat four club crackers and my nose started to run like it does when I've eaten a little too much.

I wonder if there's more than one thing happening...

Wish he'd hurry up and call me back. I'm getting anxious and if he wants to see me it's a 3.5 hour drive from here.

Sistaital
on 10/22/13 4:28 am

Same happened to me but I was constantly throwing up, they did a scope and I have 3 ulcers

Tristabelle
on 10/22/13 4:33 am
Yikes. How do they treat that? Are you Ok now?

Sistaital
on 10/22/13 5:27 am

I am on carafate liquid and prilosec, I am better, I was throwing up and in and out of the er for the past two weeks, then last week after the ER I went to my doctor for the scope and finally found out the ulcers were the problem. Good luck and I hope you feel better!

65rosesmom
on 10/22/13 5:33 am

So sorry to hear this.  It definitely sounds like an ulcer to me, but I hope your surgeon can be more helpful.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Melanie C.
on 10/22/13 6:22 am

Sounds like me on and off for 5 years before they finally removed my gall bladder.

Tristabelle
on 10/22/13 7:05 am
I finally heard back from the surgeon. They're having me go in for x-rays at our local hospital and taking it from there. Thanks for all of the suggestions and stories.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views