As I wait for surgery

jamienichols22
on 10/22/13 4:40 am - MI

As I wait for my surgery which is scheduled for Dec 16th I decided that I was going to put a routine into place and I have followed it very close. Yesterday my daughter had a violin concert and I thought how nice would it be if I could fit into those size 24 jeans that I love so much :( so just for the purpose I tried them on and guess what this gal was wearing them to that concert!! I have lost 47 pounds so far on my own and have lost 6 inches (since I been measuring which is about three weeks)!! 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

karenp8
on 10/22/13 4:48 am - Brighton, IL

Congrats on having a plan that works in place before your surgery. It will help so much post surgery. You are doing great.

jamienichols22
on 10/22/13 4:52 am - MI

Thank you! As I read on here that it's so hard for some people to be able to get their vitamins and things I wanted to be ready for that part. I am now to where I don't even have to set alarms to take them anymore :) I want this transition to be a simple as it could possibly be considering all the things that you have to keep up with afterwards. This group has been such an amazing help as I get ready for this huge step.

Jamie Nichols

SUSIEQQ62
on 10/22/13 5:07 am - EXETER, PA
CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR AND FITTING INTO THOSE JEANS.. WOOO HOOO.. I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR SURGERY WHICH IN FACT IS ON 12/16 AND THAT IS ME AND HUBBYs 17TH ANNIVERSARY.. CONTINUING DOING WHAT YOUR DOING AND YOU WILL LOSE MORE WEIGHT BEFORE,, I LOST 68 LBS BEFORE MY SURGERY ON MY OWN AND IT WAS A BIG HELP--THO I HAD A TOTAL OF 250 LBS TO LOSE.. I NOW HAVE LOST 224 LBS AND AM LOSING LITTLE HERE AND THERE AND I JUST HAD SURGERY A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR A HERNI AND I ALSO HAD MY LOOSE BELLY SKIN OFF.. IT FEELS SO GOOD TO GO DOWN A SIZE AT A TIME.. GOD BLESS--SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

jamienichols22
on 10/22/13 5:21 am - MI

Thank you, your story inspires me to keep at it :) Congrats on your weight loss and I have a total of 150 pounds to lose and my surgeon told me he wasn't sure I would get to the BMI recommended weight because I was in the higher weight class before surgery. That made me want to lose the weight more than ever before. He won't see me again till Nov 26th and then I am going to give him his own words back :)

Jamie Nichols

SandieMc49
on 10/22/13 6:17 am

You are truly amazing - I am serious!  Dayum - I can't wait to see your picture when you have lost those pesky 150 pounds.  I am astounded (and pretty envious I must admit) - that you were able to lose a significant amount on your own.  You got quite the jump start on the program there my friend - keep them goosebump moments coming!

Sandie

jamienichols22
on 10/22/13 6:23 am - MI
Thank you. I couldn't do it without the help and support of everyone here. I don't have any family that is close other than inlaws so you guys are my backbone and I think each one of you for it. I want to make this tool work to the best of its ability and even with the hurdles that I have living with inlaws and having to cook my meals separate I realize I am a strong woman and I got this. If you have the determination you can move the world.

Jamie Nichols

Dukemom
on 10/22/13 6:05 am
RNY on 12/17/13

Great job Jamie!!  I'm pre-op for 12/18, and I've been doing the same thing.  Great minds think alike (with the help of everyone here at OH!!)  kiss

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

Pookah
on 10/22/13 6:22 am - Dallas, TX

Congrats on an awesome NSV!  Good for you on sticking to a plan pre-surgery.  47 lbs and 6 inches is something to be proud of.  I am sure you will do fantastic with surgery.

jamienichols22
on 10/22/13 6:27 am - MI
If I didn't have the help of each one of you I don't think I could do it. I have had struggles and have gained a pound or two but when I get focused again it always comes off. I have battled my living situation and you guys have helped me through this and I have you all to thank for my victory.

Jamie Nichols

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 177 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics