Wish I could take time back...

snowball24life
on 9/29/13 6:08 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I love the fact that I am working hard and utilizing my RNY tool to become healthier, and lead a healthier lifestyle. I have lost 94 pounds total, I am 4 months post-op. I feel blessed!

With that being said, I wish I could go back in time and tell myself then, what I know now. I stupidly thought that I was young enough in my twenties, that I could eat what I wanted, do what I wanted, and would have time to reverse all my bad and unhealthy habits when I was a little older....

WELL... I am 31 now, and 4 months post-op. Like I said, 94 pounds down. I was delusional. I thought that once I lost weight, all my health issues would dissipate, and I would no longer have them. I still have both Kidney's that are FILLED with stones, I still have Spinal Stenosis with 2 herniated disks, and I JUST found out that there is a part of my heart that is not receiving enough blood. I go on Wednesday to a Cardiologist, and most likely will be having a stent put in...

Moral of the story is, when you are young, a person still should establish healthy habits, exercise, and NOT think they are invincible... Because even with the blessing of this tool, the damage you cause yourself over the years might not go away even with weight loss.. Wish I could have told myself this 10 years ago.. Just a thought.

selhard
on 9/29/13 6:36 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Please consider being easier on yourself.  !!31 IS YOUNG!!--which gives you strength to fight, fix, recover and live a full life. 

E R.
on 9/29/13 6:42 am - Switzerland

I believe part of this journey is to forgive ourselves for what we did to our bodies and to honour our bodies for  what it had to endure over the years. Forgive yourself and let it go.

RNY:  4 June 2013

saterry
on 9/29/13 8:27 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I wrote my body an apology letter....

may sound stupid but it helped me move on and forgive myself so TODAY is where I choose to live.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Washu
on 9/29/13 9:21 pm

I really like this idea and teared up thinking about doing it. Great advice. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

scoobyluvr1
on 9/29/13 6:50 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Im glad you shared this. Just the other day i was reading a post on a regretting suegery forum? Here on oh from a young man in his early twenties *****gretted the surgery because although obese he was otherwise healthy. I hope he reads this. I also can relate i waited too because i was healthy...hard to accept when i was being told of the shape id be in later.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

cajungirl
on 9/29/13 9:07 am
Live for today and the future. You can't go back, let it go you deserve to treat yourself the BEST you can, from now on you know what to do.

Good luck at your appt.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

snowball24life
on 9/29/13 10:36 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you everyone for your input! Just frustrated with myself that I let myself get to this point, and now that I am being proactive, there are just some things I cannot reverse.. I will move on, just kind of tough right now with the heart issue staring me right in the face is all. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

E R.
on 9/29/13 5:38 pm - Switzerland

With 94 pound lighter (well done to you) I am sure your heart will cope so much better even though it might need a stent.  I am thinking of you and hope that the Cardiologist will be able to sort your heart out.

You are a brave lady, since you have to cope with so many health issues.  Just be kind to yourself.

RNY:  4 June 2013

Laura in Texas
on 9/29/13 8:31 pm

Life is too short for regret. I did not have surgery until I was in my 40's. I know that I would not have all that I do now had things not gone just as they did. I am thankful for all that I went through because it made me the person I am today and I am awesome. Forgiving yourself is the key to life-long health and happiness. I firmly believe those that live with regret and have not learned to forgive themselves have a much harder time taking care of themselves and maintaining their weight. We have to believe we are worth the effort to lose the weight and more importantly keep it off!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 262 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 314 views