worried

ywalton
on 9/25/13 5:24 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

i am worried that my pouch is stretching. The last couple of day no matter what i am doing i feel hungry, even after I eat and feel full.. I am almost 8 months out and getting scared and depressed.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/25/13 5:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Your pouch IS stretching. You don't keep the size it was on surgery day forever. Talk to your nutritionist and surgeon. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

LadyLilMax
on 9/25/13 6:20 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

hey Pethair!

Look at you just riding the roller coaster down and down and down!  Wow, you have come so far so quickly!

Love your stories.

Have you noticed any difference in your shoe size yet?

I am down a full size.  Was an 8 or 8.5 and now a 7 or 7.5.  Was a wide width and now just a medium.  Whoo Hoo!  Loving being little!   First time in my life since I was 12 which was eons ago!  And then I think that was just for an hour or so and then I ballooned up!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

LadyLilMax
on 9/25/13 6:15 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

I had the same thing happen along about 8 months.  As Pethair said, call dietician/nutritionist for advice or help.

I called mine and she gave me some tips. 

Also, I discovered a lot of my hunger was the evil ol' head hunger.  

Simply put; if I am truly hungry, any food will satisfy me.  If I WANT/obsess over something specific... probably head hunger so I drink a bunch of water or have a cup of coffee or a SF popsicle or something harmless.  

I got into the bad habit of grazing which as soon as I stopped, took care of 75% of the head hunger. I have to keep my eating to 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks.  

I had slipped into eating saltine crackers.  Do not know why I craved them but the more I ate them and mini pretzels, the more I wanted!  They are gone from the house!

I have discovered that I crave fats!  So I will incorporate some of an avocado or butter or some healthy fat into my diet and that has helped as well.  I eat full fat cheeses at this point because in tracking my food on myfitnesspal, I am woefully under in fats.  Dietician is the one who suggested I go to full fat.  So check and see if that is part of the problem

Good luck, hang in there.  YOU got this!  

Your tool is your BFF and it would be wierd that it is wonky unless you have been overeating on a consistent basis.

I found out I WAS overeating because I was eyeballing my food rather than measuring.  I am back to measuring and oddly enough... the smaller amounts have been more satisfying.

Good luck, God bless and let us know how it is going!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

ywalton
on 9/25/13 8:14 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

thank you, I will call my nut in the mornng.

Sherrie P.
on 9/25/13 10:53 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I am 8 months out too!! 

I felt like a bottomless pit today :-)

A lot more hunger than usual.  I am trying to eat denser proteins.

Good luck - hope your hunger gets under control.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

ywalton
on 9/25/13 12:50 pm - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

thats what i have been doing also, it fills me up but about an hour so later i feel hungry, hard not to give in

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 5:18 pm

You do not have to worry about it.

You just need to control your hunger, more of over-eating will  result
into  obesity and might create a problem to reduce it later on.

Weight loss surgeon would guide you properly with aiming it at better results.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 44 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views